“Great management skills!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great management skills!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good location. Had problems with the heating and a/c controls that made for an unpleasant night, but the friendly manager on duty the next morning honored the Hampton Inn guarantee policy and refunded the price of the room. You can't be service like that! I think we just ended up in the wrong room on the wrong day.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I stopped there on our way down to Florida. They were extremely kind to us when we arrived and even offered us cold bottles of water. They even asked what kind of car we had so that if anything went wrong they could inform us. I even went back down to the desk later that night and asked for another bottle of water and they were so nice about it. Our room was very clean and they had a sign in our bathroom that said if we had forgotten something such as a razor, toothpaste, toothbrushes,etc. that if we went to the front desk they would provide them for us. The next morning we had breakfast there and had plenty to choose from. My husband had an omelet, bagel, and sausage that he said were very good. I had cereal, a bagel, and sausage with hot tea to drink and enjoyed all of it. We have never felt so welcome at any hotel before and we have been to a lot!

knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn in Knoxville from August 22nd until October 30th. Surely that is time enough to surmise if an organization is well run, clean, the staff accommodating, the food good, etc. I can tell you that this is a top-notch hotel with the most courteous staff you can imagine! There wasn't a day that I walked through the doors, that someone behind that desk didn't greet me in the kindest manner. It was a pleasure to stay at the Hampton! They go above and beyond on all levels. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Albany, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We always like stopping at the Hampton Inn in Knoxville Tenn. off I-75. The rooms are always clean and we have what we need. The location is great and we can go out and eat not having to drive over a block. Its a great place to stay and get a good nights rest. Its the only place for us when we are passing through Knoxville Tenn. Also the breakfast is always good and the coffee tastes wonderful.

Room Tip: We like the King size suites they are very nice.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was in Knoxville for work. That area was recommended to me by the person I was meeting. I booked a room here based on Tripadvisor.com and a friend who recommended Hampton Inn in general. I didn't know what to expect and hoped that the recommendations were deserved. They were.

Stephen, Shelby and Tom were the front desk people who were friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make my one-night stay comfortable and pleasant. They were incredibly nice, and Hampton Inn is lucky to have them all as employees.

My room was a spacious suite, and it was well-lit, clean and comfortable. I learned that the duvet covers are changed for each guest, which is enough to make me loyal for future Hampton Inn stays. The room had fast wi-fi, which was great for work, and a lot of lamps, as well as natural light, making it easier for me to get some work done in the room. I had forgotten to pack soap and was pleased to find that the soap HI uses is not drying, unlike many lodging places.

I needed to print some directions for work and used the business center. The equipment was great, the internet connection was fast, and the printer was a color printer, which was very helpful for my directions.

Although I didn't use the pool or workout room, they looked really nice and made me wish that I had packed a swimsuit. So many workout rooms are dark, small and dingy but but not this one.

The complimentary breakfast was very good: coffee, scrambled eggs that were jazzed up with delicious things, maple sausage, hash browns that were a step above most hash browns, fresh cut fruit, whole fruit, cereal, juice and more. I'm happy with coffee, eggs and fruit, but all the options were nice. They had flavored creamers for the coffee, which was a treat.

USA Todays were available in the breakfast area and delivered to the rooms, too. I like a newspaper. I do hope they recycle them though.

There is a washer and dryer for guest use, and after traveling for three days, I was so glad to see it. I had to pack light and by then, I needed to do laundry. Individual detergent and dryer sheets were sold by the front desk. Each load was $1.75, which is reasonable. I think I've had to pay $15 in upscale hotels in metropolitan areas to have a pair of jeans washed before.

Parking was spacious and well lit.

The location of the HI was close to I-75 but not so close that it was loud. There were several chain restaurants nearby as well as a few local places. There's a grocery store across the street, which was nice for stocking up on soft drinks and snacks for my seven-hour drive back home.

It was very nice. I do recommend it, and I would stay there again.

My one complaint is this: even in the suite, I could hear the clicking of the doors either across or possibly next door. I don't mind if I'm awake, but it did keep me from sleeping very well. I don't think it would bother anyone but people like me - super light sleepers. I don't think people were slamming doors; I think it was just that the doors are so heavy that it can't be helped. I noticed that even when I tried to close the door very quietly that the deadbolt locked loudly into place. However, the windows are excellent at blocking noise. I heard absolutely nothing from the front parking lot outside, which is just incredible.

Oh, and they had free cookies that were put out in the afternoon! After driving all day or night, a small treat like that is very much appreciated. It's amazing how the little things, such as the cookies or two free bottles of water can make a guest feel appreciated and welcomed. It makes traveling away from home much nicer, especially when we might not want to be traveling.

Would I stay there again? Most definitely.

Room Tip: I booked online and requested a quiet room. They took notice and booked me down the hall, away from...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I organized a group of people to go for the UT-UC football game in September. Chose the Hampton for location and because we like Hamptons. We were so pleased with the whole experience! The manager and 'extra help' were so hospitable - had the place decorated with both teams' colors, and had a grill-out including mixers and snacks. There was a bus (for a fee) that we could have taken to the game, but had other plans. They were so hospitable, it made it an extra fun weekend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Whenever we travel, we love to stay at Hampton Inns , and do so quite often. This hotel is by far one of the best we have ever stayed in. It was just an overnight stay, as we were en route to Louisville, KY. When we got to our hotel in Louisville, we kept saying, "Wish we would have just stayed in Knoxville!" The room was excellent, as was the staff....very accommodating, and hospitable. We will definitely be back! We will go out of our way to to stay here!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Knoxville North? Share your experiences!