“Great priced hotel near Turkey Creek” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 90 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great priced hotel near Turkey Creek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I think that Candlewood Suites sometimes gets a bad rap for being inexpensive but in this case it is a great value. This hotel is less than a mile from Turkey Creek and offers large suite rooms for half the price of the other area hotels. The staff is nice and rooms are very clean. The only downside is there is no breakfast but there are many meal options close by. Also, this hotel is right next to lots of shopping, 15 minutes from downtown, and in a good area.

Stayed September 2013
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! Candlewood Suites always tries to provide a great value, and it looks like in this case, we delivered! We appreciate your staying with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the second Candlewood We have stayed in. The reason we picked this one is because of the excellent service and cleanliness of Indianapolis Candlewood we stayed in last year. Our room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for our 5 night stay. We did not want to eat in a restaurant for 5 days times 3 meals per day. This worked out perfect with grocery stores near buy. We could buy a few easy and fast cooked foods and have as little as we wanted. You can also buy some frozen and canned foods in the lobby to cook in your room if need be. The best part about cooking in the room? A dish washer. Need to do laundry? Several washers and dryers to use for FREE! (Laundry soap available for a small fee) in five days we only heard one person in the hall. Nice and quiet here. Only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the shower. I can appreciate the hotel's effort to conserve water, but I would have liked just a bit more water or a shower head with a wider stream. The staff was like a nice house guest, not in the way but there if you needed them. Check in was fast and friendly and included a verbal tour of the hotel. I am writing this before check out as I am confident it will be as fast and friendly as check in. If I am in this area again, I most defiantly will stay here!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving Candlewood Suites another try! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of all of the amenities we offer. It truly is a home away from home! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Knoxville!
Davison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Nice hotel. Super friendly staff. ALL the amenities...and a fully stocked "store" that is open 24/7/365 and on the honor system!!! Can you believe that?

On top of all that, each unit has a full kitchen complete with garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, and even dishes!

The only downside for me, which is the norm nowadays, was the water saver showerhead. So I can't mark them down for that.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Candlewood Cupboard. It is a very cool concept that works great for us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Demorest, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I would definitely be giving this hotel a 5 star rating except for two minor easily correctable problems. First is the fact that all rooms have a queen bed, no kings at this hotel to choose from. My husband and I are average size seniors but we are used to sleeping in a king. Needless to say this was a problem for my sleep quality. Second, the tub/shower needs to have a hand held shower head instead of just a wall mounted one. It's impossible for women to get proper hygiene. Everything else was perfect from check in to check out. We chose this property because of it's "Pet Friendly" policy for those of us who consider our pet part of our family. This is truly a home away from home hotel. Even has a snack room (we had an ice cream snack before bed), FREE washer & dryer, full size refrigerator/freezer instead of one of those unusable tiny things. I would definitely stay here again and hope they replace the queen beds with kings even if the space is tight.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor close to the back stairs so it was easy to walk our dog.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the great suggestions regarding your stay. As for the shower heads, next time you stay with us, request an accessible room, as the shower heads in those rooms have the hand-held shower heads. As for the queen beds, we'd love to have those too, but unfortunately, they won't fit in the space provided.
But we are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back with us soon!
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from May 2013 through April 2014. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are equipped with a full size refrigerator, a microwave oven, a stove, a coffee maker, and a dishwasher. Everything you need to make your meals instead of eating out all the time. If you need to stay in Knoxville for an extended length of time, this is the place to stay. Candlewood Suites is in a great location. You are very close to an interstate highway, and to restaurants, grocery stores, and retail stores. The only issue I had with staying at the Candlewood Suites was the internet service. At best, it was very slow. Sometimes, the internet service didn't work at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope for the year or so you were with us that you felt like we were your home away from home! Sorry you experienced internet issues during your stay. We are constantly working to improve our speed and bandwidth, but I'm glad the rest of your stay met or exceeded your expectations.
Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate your business.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed for a week at Candlewood and it nearly killed me. It is awesome for pet lovers, cat lovers, dog lovers, etc. You can bring your pet into any room and have your dog or cat sleeping with you just like at home. I wish I would have known this prior to booking via Expedia. I happen to have extreme allergies to cat hair and specifically dander. The staff was excellent and told me that an animal had not been in my room. Not true. I fought just to breathe good every single night and what people don't know is that dander will be in even the sheets and bed spreads even after washing them. My body totally reacted and would send me into an asthma attack each night with no inhaler on me. I had no idea the hotel had animals at all. My fault probably for not looking and just booking like regular on Expedia. If you are allergic to any animal hair or dander, BEWARE. Do not stay in this hotel for that reason only. Other than that, it was awesome.

Room Tip: Do not book if you have allergies to pets, specifically.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thanks for your comments. I'm truly sorry you experienced allergy issues while you were here. Unfortunately, as we are a pet-friendly hotel, there is no way we can guarantee that a pet had not been in a room. But we always perform a deep clean to each pet room, shampooing the carpet and washing all linens and have the room sprayed if necessary. But sometimes that is not enough for guests with sensitive allergies. I apologize for that inconvenience, but am glad the other parts of your stay were enjoyable.
Thank you again for your comments, and I hope you will give us another try in the future.
Rising Sun, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Candlewood is great if you are staying for an extended time. You have most of the comforts of home. It's quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful but not overbearing or annoying. It's less expensive. If you stay for over 30 days you get a nice refund on one of the taxes. You can grill outside which is great if you have a group staying there.Washers and dryers are free. Comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side. It's quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We always try to make our guests feel at home while they are here, but not bother them too much! I love being able to pass on great comments to our staff and they love the feedback. Thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you on return visits to Knoxville.