“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Demorest, Georgia
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I would definitely be giving this hotel a 5 star rating except for two minor easily correctable problems. First is the fact that all rooms have a queen bed, no kings at this hotel to choose from. My husband and I are average size seniors but we are used to sleeping in a king. Needless to say this was a problem for my sleep quality. Second, the tub/shower needs to have a hand held shower head instead of just a wall mounted one. It's impossible for women to get proper hygiene. Everything else was perfect from check in to check out. We chose this property because of it's "Pet Friendly" policy for those of us who consider our pet part of our family. This is truly a home away from home hotel. Even has a snack room (we had an ice cream snack before bed), FREE washer & dryer, full size refrigerator/freezer instead of one of those unusable tiny things. I would definitely stay here again and hope they replace the queen beds with kings even if the space is tight.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor close to the back stairs so it was easy to walk our dog.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the great suggestions regarding your stay. As for the shower heads, next time you stay with us, request an accessible room, as the shower heads in those rooms have the hand-held shower heads. As for the queen beds, we'd love to have those too, but unfortunately, they won't fit in the space provided.
But we are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from May 2013 through April 2014. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are equipped with a full size refrigerator, a microwave oven, a stove, a coffee maker, and a dishwasher. Everything you need to make your meals instead of eating out all the time. If you need to stay in Knoxville for an extended length of time, this is the place to stay. Candlewood Suites is in a great location. You are very close to an interstate highway, and to restaurants, grocery stores, and retail stores. The only issue I had with staying at the Candlewood Suites was the internet service. At best, it was very slow. Sometimes, the internet service didn't work at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope for the year or so you were with us that you felt like we were your home away from home! Sorry you experienced internet issues during your stay. We are constantly working to improve our speed and bandwidth, but I'm glad the rest of your stay met or exceeded your expectations.
Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate your business.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed for a week at Candlewood and it nearly killed me. It is awesome for pet lovers, cat lovers, dog lovers, etc. You can bring your pet into any room and have your dog or cat sleeping with you just like at home. I wish I would have known this prior to booking via Expedia. I happen to have extreme allergies to cat hair and specifically dander. The staff was excellent and told me that an animal had not been in my room. Not true. I fought just to breathe good every single night and what people don't know is that dander will be in even the sheets and bed spreads even after washing them. My body totally reacted and would send me into an asthma attack each night with no inhaler on me. I had no idea the hotel had animals at all. My fault probably for not looking and just booking like regular on Expedia. If you are allergic to any animal hair or dander, BEWARE. Do not stay in this hotel for that reason only. Other than that, it was awesome.

Room Tip: Do not book if you have allergies to pets, specifically.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thanks for your comments. I'm truly sorry you experienced allergy issues while you were here. Unfortunately, as we are a pet-friendly hotel, there is no way we can guarantee that a pet had not been in a room. But we always perform a deep clean to each pet room, shampooing the carpet and washing all linens and have the room sprayed if necessary. But sometimes that is not enough for guests with sensitive allergies. I apologize for that inconvenience, but am glad the other parts of your stay were enjoyable.
Thank you again for your comments, and I hope you will give us another try in the future.
Rising Sun, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Candlewood is great if you are staying for an extended time. You have most of the comforts of home. It's quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful but not overbearing or annoying. It's less expensive. If you stay for over 30 days you get a nice refund on one of the taxes. You can grill outside which is great if you have a group staying there.Washers and dryers are free. Comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side. It's quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We always try to make our guests feel at home while they are here, but not bother them too much! I love being able to pass on great comments to our staff and they love the feedback. Thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you on return visits to Knoxville.
Fairfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I couldn't ask for a better stay. The hotel staff bar none best I have ever experienced. The rooms were clean modern and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Knoxville area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay and our staff. They loved hearing your kind words and that just confirms what I already knew about them-they love their jobs and love taking great care of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks!
Metamora, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was traveling with my wife and two small dogs on this trip. My special reservation requests were met by Amy and the friendliness and willingness to help by both Amy and Chris made our stay great. The location of this hotel was great because it was close to Interstate 75 but not on a road that got a lot of traffic. There was enough grassy areas for the dogs and bags to cleanup after thems. The $15 pet fee per night was reasonable.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great with pets.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We do have a great front desk staff and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business! Please come back to see us next time you are in town!
Thanks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for the past couple of months and it has been amazing. Staff did a great job making me feel at home. Long term or short term this is the place to stay. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Flat screen tv is a nice. I will be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bart P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Brandon-thanks for your great comments. We certainly appreciate you staying with us and are glad we were able to exceed your expectations! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Thanks

Been to Candlewood Suites Knoxville? Share your experiences!