“Sister Hotel To The One In Brentwood Tennessee” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Sister Hotel To The One In Brentwood Tennessee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Second best Candlewood that I have stayed at and I say that because the only reason that the one in Ft. Myers Florida is better was because I was staying there two days after it opened and haven't been back since. The rooms are clean, beds are soft and the hot water doesn't quit. It is close to a major shopping strip with just about everything you would need. It also about a 1/4 of a mile to a Chili's for those of that travel on business and would like to have a beer but don't want to worry about driving.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

While checking in I was convinced I was looking at another very average stay at very ordinary Candlewood. It had the normal crowd smoking out front and frumpy lobby/hallways. Once I got into the room I was pleasantly surprised to see a renovated room. It had modern style cabinets, desk and vanity. Also had a flat screen tv. No complaints on the room at all. Will stay here again. It is a very good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were unfortunate to have to travel to Knoxville due to a death in the family and had to make immediate reservaions which were taken care of. We have two kids and all the luggage so your regular hotel is not very helpful. This hotel we got a one bedroom suite which included plenty of space for me to work, the kids play pens and all of our luggage. We also were able to get laundry done (as the short notice led to light packing) and the cupboard was a huge convenience as they had all of our immeidate needs until we had the time to get to a store.

The staff was always super friendly and helpful and truly caring about the reasons that brought us to the area. As a fellow hotelier it was truly appreciated all the great customer service and cleanliness of the room.

Thank you all!
The Allen Family

Room Tip: If your a family with kids go for the one bedroom suites, pay a little more for your sanity!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Candlewood because of its location. My room was quiet but outdated. The baseboard trim around the outside wall was falling off, the furniture wasn't in great shape, and everything needs to me modernized. My room had an unpleasant smell reminding me of soured milk. The room did have a very nice flat screen TV. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't offer any sort of breakfast and they have no pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall I'd say it's average at best but I doubt if I'll stay there again when I return to Knoxville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear ronsreviews,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I’m glad our location was a plus for your stay. However, I apologize for the room condition not being up to par to your expectation. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The place was fine except the full sized bed and the tick that we found in it! Yes, it's a pet-friendly hotel but that's why people pay cleaning fees. The lady at the desk didn't seem too phased by our complaint.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
DearSmoothWriter,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Knoxville . It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aragon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stay from February 19 through May 23. We had up to 4 rooms at one time with 2 people per room and traveled with our 2 dogs. Ms. Dawn tracked us down while look at up coming construction projects coming into the Knoxville area. She really did all the leg work. Once we got in we told her our price range she accomidated us the best she could and the rest was history. We had the Cupboard area for those who did want to venture out to eat. We have kitchnettes for those who wished to cook in. The free washers and dryers were an added plus for us. We worked during the nights which means we sleep during the days. We have been staying in hotels for over 20 yrs due to our work and I can tell you this hotel is well insulated. We didn't hear the neighbor's tv or radios or conversation; which great for day sleepers. We can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was friendly and accomidating to our needs and we'll seek out Candlewoods in other locations because this stay.

Room Tip: All rooms were very sound proof. We had 2 on the bottom floor and 2 on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband, me and our 2 cats had to relocate while work was being done on our house. Since Candlewood accepts pets I expected it to be dumpy. I was happily wrong! The 2-room suite was spatious with a lot of storage. The kitchen area was well appointed and no smaller than a NYC studio apartment's kitchen. Additions like a recliner, top of the line cookware and dishes, excellent bathroom vanity and different lighting in each area made the place feel more like an apartment than a hotel. The "pantry" concept is excellent and the free washers were an added bonus. Even the universal machine in the fitness room was adequate. My only complaint is that the "queen size" bed wasn't much larger than a full size, and the thermostat was hard to control.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Knoxville? Share your experiences!