“If you smoke crack you will love this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive

You added Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5334 Central Ave Pike, I-75 at Merchants Dr, Exit #108, Knoxville, TN 37912   |
Ranked #74 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Nashville, Tennessee
“If you smoke crack you will love this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Reserved a week in advance ,by calling 800 Redroof, for the UT game. We had planned on checking in and going out to eat, but that was plan got ruined. I reserved two non-smoking rooms and was given two smoking rooms. It does not sound like a big deal, but the only way I can describe the smell is like smokey baby poo. To top of the smell the carpet was torn and dirty, the bathroom was stained and dirty, and the pilliow cases where stained. I talked to the guy at the desk, he told me that there was nothing he could do. According to him I had booked smoking rooms through a travel agency. I called the 800 number, they told me that I had reserved two non-smoking rooms and had no idea why I was being told that. I finally got them to call the front desk, but the only soultion was offering me a room at another Redroof for 169.00 a night or a refund but, all the other hotels in the area were booked due to the game. After about an hour, and talking to the 4 different people, two non-smoking rooms magically appeared. These rooms smelled better, but were just as nasty as the others. The mattress appeared to be the originals from when the place was bulit back in 1905. They had huge stains on them and sagged in the middle. The sheets and walls had matching stains. The back of the remote was missing and had only one battery in it. Even the ironing board was nasty! On the outside; the exit sign hung by tape and two wires. It is a shame that this place represents a normally good chain of hotels. It is in a very good location, close to UT and several good places to eat. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Huber Heights, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

no toiletries only two bars of soap, and one packet of shampooe/conditioner no coffe pot, no micro or fridge beds were over 20 years old as well as the pillows and sheets. breakfast was dry cereal and old bagels we were told flat screen tv's instead a box tv

Room Tip: check your room before you check in
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Knoxville North Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Reserved on-line a week prior to my arrival, and was pleased to find absolutely no issues. The room was exactly as requested, and was spotless, properly prepared and quiet. The shower was hot, the bed comfortable, the amenities as advertised and the personnel friendly and professional. I've stayed here before, and I'll gladly do so again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights the first night my Boyfriend woke up to having BEDBUG bites on his neck and upper back the next night i woke up with BEDBUG bites all over my shoulders and Back. This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at in my life the floors were nasty and the sheets looked like they had not even been cleaned.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, August 25, 2011

TIM LAMB FRONT OFFICE Manager
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights, two adults and one baby. We have nothing good to say about this hotel. It may be low priced, but still isn't worth it. Our complaints:
-WE WERE HARASSED BY MANAGEMENT 4 TIMES ABOUT CHECK OUT TIME. NORMAL CHECK OUT IS AT 11 AND ON SUNDAY MORNING AT 10AM WE ASKED FOR A CHECK OUT TIME OF NOON BECAUSE THE BABY WAS STILL NAPPING AND NEEDED TO BE FED ONCE HE WOKE UP. THEY RESPONDED WITH 11:15 AT THE LATEST, WHICH IS RIDICULOUS, AND WITH THAT WE STARTED BEING HARASSED AT 11:11AM. THE FRONT DESK CALLED TWICE WITHIN 10MINUTES ASKING IF WE WERE GONE YET, AND SENT SOMEONE TO OUR DOOR TWICE IN THE SAME TIME FRAME.
-Charged more than reservation confirmation ($9.00 more per night, management did fix this 4 hours after check in and having to visit the office three times.
-Non-Smoking room smelled like it had been smoked in
-Towels of terrible quality and the staff would only give us two at a time in exchange for our dirty ones. We needed more, as we were traveling with baby and needed to wash bottles etc.
-Remote Batteries were dead, and when we called and asked for replacements, they wanted to inspect the remote and change the batteries themselves as if we were going to steal the batteries and use them for something else
-Temperature outside was 35 degrees and with the heat on high the room would not get warm and management told us to shut the bathroom door to keep the heat from escaping. Once we closed the bathroom door, the room did get warm, but too warm. There was no thermostat, so we had to get up several times in the night to turn it off and on to keep the room from getting too hot or too cold.
-The maid ran up and down the hall in the early morning from room to room while cleaning. This is old property and you can hear everything outside the walls. We were awakened by this every morning and it would last for hours.
-Poor continental breakfast. Choice of only: plain bagel, white toast, 2 types of dry cereal, and waffles. There was no oatmeal, fruit, pastries, doughnuts, or other bread/bagel selections.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Ashok Pael
Marysville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I've stayed at other Red Roof locations and appreciate a basic hotel for a low price. But this location was filthy! My husband and I walked across the floor in our bare feet, then looked down and realized the filthy carpet had left them black. The carpet is a dark blue, so it hides the dirt well. The front desk clerk bragged upon our check in that the hotel was recently renovated. Really? The carpet was filthy, there was paint peeling over the door, and the lamp shades were torn and stained. A huge disappointment!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

For $42 a night i did not expect much. I was really surprised, the hotel was clean and well maintained. The only drawback was the substandard pillows, and they only leave 2 towels in the bathroom, you can get more from the front desk though. The clerk at check in was what made this hotel stand above the rest. I think his name was Brian. If all hotels had someone like him working there they would be 100% better. the location was great also, right beside an applebees. The pool was out of season but looked to be nice. It did have an 8ft deep end which you don't find much, they usually stop at 5ft. We take a trip to knoxville once a year for dance competition, I think we have found our new hotel to stay at for each visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Knoxville North Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Ashok Pael
Knoxville North

Been to Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive? Share your experiences!