“I thought it was new!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Knoxville
Hamilton, Ohio
“I thought it was new!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was so clean and shiny I thought it was new. Found out it was 16 years old, had been redone four years ago, and had had the same house keeper the whole time. Everything was spick and span, very comfortable, well lit. Easy to access from highway and many good restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

After staying five nights at other Fairfield Inns, I feel comfortable in saying that this property just didn't have their managerial act together. When presenting the manager with a list of concerns, his attitude was to just blow me off with "we're going to have a renovation in the fall and I'll give them this list."

My list of concerns ranged from mundane to safety issues. For instance, of the two treadmills, one was not operative (but no sign to advise anyone) and the other had a serious problem with the LCD screen not coordinated with the machine. I got on the treadmill and entered a speed of 2.8 which I usually use. The machine responded by going to 16.2! Nearly through me off. No clock in the pool area. The deck of the pool was as slippery as ice. I believe they had used a wall tile and not a rougher deck tile. The same slippery situation was found in the bath tub when my wife nearly slipped and fell. These safety issues can be addressed before renovation. Another complaint was in the breakfast area. There are 88 rooms with a large potential for breakfast use. There were only 6 tables, 2 of which had only two seats. On the positive side, the breakfast area attendant was very good and quite accommodating. She even brought my toast to when it was done. I still don't understand why hotel toasters take so long to toast. The facility was only six years old but just wasn't run anywhere as nice as the same facility we stayed at only the night before. The most important thing to me is the bed and hot tub both of which I need for physical reasons following major back surgery. I found that this facility did NOT have the usual quality beds as found in most Marriott facilities. That was very disappointing. We need to bring in a two inch bed topper just to get a decent night's sleep. The other disappointment was the closing of the pool and spa room. In spite of asking reservations about the access to these areas, when we got to the hotel we found that the entire room was locked. The hotel had drained the pool for some work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The young lady working the desk late one evening was an asset to the company compared to the "front desk manager" that checked us out that next morning. We arrived to a busy lobby with the young lady dealing with each guest in a very professional manner. Once it got to us she apoligized for the wait, which meant alot to me after such a long day of travel. We mentioned we would like 1st floor like our reservation requested. She quickly switched us to ground floor. After a good breakfast we headed to the desk to check out and "put in a good word for night shift", only to find the lady on her cell phone at the desk! She looked very unprofessional compared to night shift employee. Almost "laid back" with no worries. Any way we will probably stay at this property again soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

There was nothing wrong with this Fairfield Inn, and nothing great either--it was an adequate, clean place to spend the night. The room was nice and spacious, if not a little spartan and plain compared to other Fairfields I've stayed at. Considering the room rate, it was a pretty good value, so I'd consider staying here again.

There were a few strange issues. Arrival was unusual since the gentlemen working the front desk were wearing rather informal attire without any Fairfield logos (making it look as if they'd just walked in off the highway). Thankfully my 2nd-floor room faced away from the interstate, but it did face the hotel indoor pool, adding harsh, unnatural lightning (and no outdoor light the following morning) and lots of noise from the guests using the pool.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel staff had no clue of what they were doing. After driving 7 hours we were put in the wrong kind of room and we booked 5 days in advance. We were told they were sold out and couldn't correct the error but would speak with the manager to try to compensate for the inconvenience and we never heard from the manager. They kept saying he wasn't in and would call us.

Room Tip: Don't book thru the hotel they have no clue
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edina, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Short and sweet but if looking for a comparison, this Fairfield while clean is very simple short on style and comfort. Skinny and rough as in no thread count.. little towels, muggy smell mixed with cigarette smoke(lots of smokers outside) Bed comfortable but no dream mattress..and bedding certainly not down like with comforters or duvet..

Room Tip: Quiet location ...we had a suite with a window that opened which is always a nice touch.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in other Fairfield Inns with pleasure. This one was blah from the outside (chose it due to location - near 40), and inside was no better. Grey-purple spots on shower walls - front desk said it was glue from remodeling - 3 years ago!! But they could move me...to an unremodeled room - shudder! Breakfast was not as good as other hotels of similar "rank"...even other Fairfield Inns. Fewer selections, terrible coffee.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn Knoxville East? Share your experiences!