“Great location off of the highway with adequate rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5317 Pratt Rd., I-75, Merchant Drive Exit 108, Knoxville, TN 37912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
“Great location off of the highway with adequate rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a clean, comfortable room off of the highway and the Best Western Suits worked fine. The room was clean but not as spacious a I would expect a suite to be. The room looked to have been updated recently. There was still room for a bit more renovation. The breakfast was a basic hot plate, but they ran out quickly and we had to wait. As I always note on shower pressure, this was not good, but overall a satisfying experience.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I took my daughter to visit University of Tennessee, Knoxville and we stayed at the Best Western Knoxville Suites for 2 nights. The room was fabulous, very clean, large and looked like it had been updated recently. The beds were extremely comfortable and they had an extra sink in the room, which is great for 2 women! It was about a 10 minute drive to the University. I wish we had stayed downtown because there was so much to do and we could have walked to the school, however, for the cost $80 per night versus $140. It was worth the stay. They have a free breakfast, which was good, quite a variety from eggs and toast to fresh fruit and muffins. The area which it is located is ok, I had a lady come up to me at the gas station in front of the hotel asking for money. We didn't explore that area, only stayed at the hotel and spent most of our time near the University. When we arrived there were very few cars at the hotel, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay there, however, as the evening went on we seen more cars/people arrive.

Room Tip: I requested the 4th floor because they do not allow pets to stay on that floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one week on business. Room was clean & up to date with flat screen tv, nice suite area with desk & couch w/tables, and mini fridge & microwave with a wet bar of sorts. Nice marble slab vanity/counters in bathroom, wet bar & partition between bed area and sitting area. New carpeting throughout hotel.

Deluxe continental breakfast included typical continental offerings along with belgian waffle maker & a rotating trio selection of fried eggs, scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, sausage patties, biscuits & some kind of creamy gravy. Breakfast area was clean & set up with large flat screen tv & tables with chairs.

Cleaning staff was pretty thorough on the two days I had the "do not disturb" sign off of the door, but woyld have liked to have a refill of tissues.

Room was quiet & comfoetable with AC & blackout curtains. Location wasn't in an area for walking to destinations (its all highway) but its only about a 15-20 min ride to Market Square & other hotspots.

Glad to have had laundry facilities there. Pool & gym also but I didn't use either.

• Stayed June 2013
Bartlett, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was scheduling a trip to visit my brother and his family and had selected a few hotels with some fairly descent rates utilizing my corporate discount. I had previously used Hotwire, but nothing caught my eye. I booked a room and was set...UNTIL Hotwire sent this lovely message that rates had dropped in Knoxville. Of course I bit the worm. I looked at the list it had and it wouldn't tell me the names only the rates...I wasn't going to get the room UNTIL it said.."WANT A HINT" Room is comparable to EMBASSY SUITES, HAMPTON INN AND SUITES, ETC. I have frequented those hotels before and they are some great ones, so I went out on faith and booked it. Let me tell you how disappointed I was when Best Western Suites came at confirmation. I kept an open mind since I had never visited this particular location. After confirmation I called the hotel to make sure I had 2 Queen beds and a pull out sofa since I had 6 people on a family vacation. The person I spoke to at Hotwire and The Best Western assured me that my room would have the beds and space needed. I checked into the hotel and I had the rudest clerk. She told me that they were sold out and my 2 Queen suite wasn't available. I told her that wasn't enough room and she said "I don't know what to tell you". She then said she would put it in to have me moved the next day. When morning came, I called for the room change and was told my a second rude, unconcerned desk attendant that I couldn't move unless I paid an upcharge. First of all, if I had known this was the chain before booking, I would have declined, the neighborhood is not the greatest looking, there is limited parking and I had to park along the front entrance walkway, the breakfast is HORRIBLE, the staff is rude. This hotel is NOWHERE closely related to the other chains they claim to be comparable to. I will NEVER use HOTWIRE again and I will NEVER visit another Best WESTERN. You get what you pay for and the "savings" that were given was not worth it!

Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just spent a night here and I have to tell you, it is the cleanest and nicest Best Western property I have stayed at thus far. The rooms or suites are well kept and very comfortable. The are quite attractively decorated. Roger, the desk clerk was super friendly and helpful, from the time I called the hotel and he gave me directions to the hotel, and then gave directions to a local restaurant he recommended that served superb food. He was great! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. And the price...you can't beat it!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

There was nothing really bad about this property but I did not feel comfortable. It was old (but clean). The breakfast was predictable and standard Best Western fare. There are no hair dryers in the room! Our microwave didn't work. Blah stay, blah review.....

Byron, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Best deal around. Clean and very courteous staff. Near many restaurants. Requested 1st floor room and was given a perfect room. Safe area. Room was large, very clean and comfortable. If we had negative, the remote was not working properly and we had to hold it up in the air pointed toward the tv to use it. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Fresh food replenished quickly and area very clean. Indoor pool. Nice guy at the desk. We inquired about a local restaurant and he offered us discount card. . Would definitely book and stay again.

Room Tip: 1st floor. Room 107. Nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites? Share your experiences!