“Convenient to shopping and restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
“Convenient to shopping and restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I found this hotel to be exactly what my group needed after spending the majority of the day on the road. We had been in the DC area for funeral/memorial services and decided to break our drive home into 2 days. A FB friend had suggested the Turkey Creek area because it had a lot of shopping and eateries. I had not called ahead to book a hotel, so when I got off the exit (373 off of I-40), I stopped at 2 other hotels to inquire about prices. For a quick Sunday night stay, the other 2 joints were too high (even with tour book coupons). When I inquired here at Comfort Suites, the front desk clerk (I have forgotten his name) was extremely friendly, helpful & polite. I was able to get a great discounted rate for the one night---I had picked up a coupon book at the visitors center when I crossed into Tennessee. My group consisted of 3 adult women (89,64 and 43). We chose a suite that provided us each with our own bed. Being the youngest, I took the pullout sofa and after driving all day, I slept very well on it. This is a great area and has several places to eat. The front desk clerk gave us a print out of directions to many of the area eateries--there is a Cracker Barrels 2 minutes away. This hotel provided a great nights rest for these weary travelers. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We are happy to read you would definitely stay again! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites West and for submitting a review for us for others to read.

We appreciate your kind words about our staff, and it is wonderful to read that you had a great night’s rest. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again the next time you travel through Knoxville.

Valori Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I wanted to take the time to say thanks to the great Staff (especially Darrell.).
So I am on a business trip to a conference for a week. I make a reservation at a nearby location that I will not speak about. Needless to say that place was the worst place I have stayed. We finally get out of there. Our room had been prepayed and we were in a dilemma cause out company book keeper was about to leave. We had approximately 30 minutes to get there and check in. We call and explain the situation. The friendly staff says come on over. We will work it out when you get here. Darrell took it upon himself to fax/call out offices in advance. Once we arrived things were not coming in as soon as we had hoped. He tells us not to worry about it , checks us into rooms and lets us go onto our room. Within 15 minutes I received a call and he had gotten things squared away and we were good to go. He also took the time to expain to us all the local eatery options. As for the rooms they were clean and very comfortable. This place went out of there way to make sure things were well for our stay. Don't waste time looking for another place to stay. This place is safe, convernient, and above all expectations. Thanks again to all the staff for making our stay a pleasant experience.
Nick

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us; it is always such a pleasure to hear compliments about our staff! I am so happy to read that Darryl was able to take care of the situation so quickly and to help remedy the problem you had at another facility.

We do hope if you travel back to this area, you will again stay with us. Again, we thank you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Independence, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were travelling from Kansas City to South Carolina, so we only stayed one night. But I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy more of the features of the hotel and our room!

The hotel was very clean. I reserved what I thought was a regular room with a King sized bed..but what we got was a suite, including a couch, a microwave, and a fridge! The bed was nice and comfortable, providing a nice night's sleep. The fitness area had a good half-dozen machines, plus some hand-weight, which certainly seemed to be a bit more than the usual "two treadmills" that I've seen at other similar hotels.

I would have loved to experience that room and the pool, but we were short on time. The gentleman at the front desk (afternoon/night shift) was very friendly and offered to help above and beyond what we asked for regarding two minor requests, which impressed me.

The hotel has terrific interstate access, plus there are two gas stations very close by. There is a major strip of restaurants and shops on the other side of the interstate, but be warned that they are a bit upscale / pricey. We didn't go hunting for fast-food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites West on your recent trip, and for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

Our staff is so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. All of our rooms are the one room suites, offering the sitting area, mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee makers. We are happy to read you enjoyed the extra space.

The area does have many restaurants and shopping choices, some of which are upscale, however, many other options are available also. Again, we thank you for your encouraging words. We hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently drove through Tennessee on a spur of the moment road trip so did not plan out my hotel stays and all of the comfort suites in Tennessee pleasantly surprised me! With coupons you can get an even better deal but even without the coupon rates the comfort suites are well priced for how nice the room and stay is! They had the most comfortable bed of the hotels I stayed at and a nice spacious bathroom- *Highly Recommended*.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for “Highly Recommending” us on tripadvisor.com. We truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to other travelers to let them know how pleased you were with the
Comfort Suites!

We also agree that we offer one of the best values available in our area. Our rooms are clean and spacious with each one offering a sitting area in addition to our comfortable beds.
Free internet, a hot breakfast bar, indoor pool, and fitness room make the value even better.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and again we thank you for your review. Please return to see us again when you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Comfy beds, very clean and great free breakfast. Friendly service. Easy off and on I75-/I40 South. Lowest rate. Rooms updated and very clean bathroom. Large fridge and microwave. Pull out coach comfortable mattress

• Stayed May 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for submitting your review so others will know of our amenities.

It is great to read that you found our hotel to be such a nice value. We do offer a clean large room with a sitting area, indoor pool, whirlpool, business center and of course the hot breakfast all at a reasonable price.

We do hope you will return to see us if your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My parents and I stayed in a two queen and pull out room at this hotel. My mom is very picky when it comes to staying at certain hotels loved it. I enjoyed the stay. Slept very well and had a decent breakfast (which was included). The staff was very friendly and the place looks great! Would stay again and would recommend to anyone else.

Stayed May 2014
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our staff always enjoys hearing that our guests loved their stay. We are so happy to read that our accommodations were pleasing to everyone in your family!

We know you have many choices in our area, and we are grateful that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to others, and we do hope you will return to see us if you visit Knoxville again.

Brookhaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were just in town for one night, but we really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds have soft and firm pillows placed on the bed for your convenience. Also, our room, which was a double, had a nice size sitting area. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for posting a review for us! It is always such a pleasure to read that our guests really enjoyed their stay. All of our rooms do offer the sitting area, whether a room with 2 queen beds are preferred or a room with a king size bed. It is nice to also read that our guests are enjoying the choice of either a soft or firm pillow; which is a new addition to the Comfort Suites brand.

Again, we thank you for your business and for taking the time to post your review. We are so happy to read that you would definitely stay with us again. We do hope to see you in the near future.

Valori Smith

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!