“Could not have been better!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Hiltons, Virginia
“Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here the the Friday night before the Auburn game - hotel was crowded but you'd never know it. Plenty of parking, no waits to check in or out. Room was excellent! Very clean all around and the bed was soooo comfortable. Great nights sleep. Location is very convenient to Turkey Creek shopping and dining. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel. Thank you for writing your review and letting others know how comfortable our beds are! It’s always so nice to get a great night’s sleep when you are traveling.

Our hope is if you are in the Knoxville area, you will again choose to stay at our hotel. Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Suites West.

Valori Smtih

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

First stay at this location. The site deserves the high rankings and positive feedback. Everything was perfect. The room is large, modern and Marine Corp squared away. Five star service at an incredible price. Highly recommend staying and we will definitely return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other readers!

It is so nice to read that you will definitely be returning to our hotel, we look forward to seeing you!

Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a wonderful spacious clean room and a good breakfast and hot coffee in the morning. I don't think travelers could ask for more than that. Amanda, the evening desk clerk, gave us a first floor room and actually came to our room immediately when we had trouble with our TV. She fixed the TV in about 1 minute!!! She was friendly and made us feel right at home. Everyone should learn about customer service from her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I wish we could take credit for this review! While our rooms are very clean and spacious, and we offer a great hot breakfast, we do not have an Amanda that works here. Our evening shifts at this time, does not have a female employee.

I did want to let you know so the correct person may receive your praise.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were visiting UT and found this hotel. We were very happy with the place. It was very clean, in a wonderful location, and friendly staff. The pool area was great, we had it all to ourselves. It is a little oddly laid out, everyone coming in or out or even just walking by can see into the pool area. The beds were comfortable, the only complaint is the curtains are too thin and let in way too much light at night. We would stay here again and again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about our hotel. We know that it does take an extra effort to do this, and we want you to know it is much appreciated.

I am happy to read that you would stay with us again! I did want to let you know that all our rooms also have a blackout curtain behind the 1st layer of curtains, I am sorry you did not see these while you were here.

We know you have many options on hotels in the Knoxville area, we thank you for choosing ours and we hope to see you again soon!

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We checked in on a Friday afternoon before a game day. Check in was quick and easy the person working the desk was extremely nice. The room we received was 117 and I usually do not prefer 1st floor rooms but this one was far enough away from the lobby but close enough to make getting to our car a breeze.
The rooms are a great size. You walk in to a bathroom on one side and closet on the other. Then into a living area with a chair and a sofa (not the most comfortable sofa but doable) this area has a half privacy screen between the bedroom. Our room had 2 queen sized beds, flat screen, mini fridge and microwave. I prefer to stay somewhere with a fridge and microwave in case we want to heat up leftovers or bring in cokes, waters etc.
The beds are great very comfortable what isn't so great is the pillows. Each bed has 4 small (very small) pillows with a variety of soft to super soft. I'm not sure why hotels are going in this direction but I'm not a fan of these half size pillows. Not comfortable at all but I've seen them in the last few hotels I've stayed at. I will take my own pillow next trip.
The fold out couch was missing a blanket but we were able to get one from the front desk (more on this below). Good water pressure in the bathroom and the shower is adjustable for water stream.
All in all we were happy with our room.

Customer Service: After such a great check in and check out I'm sad to say that we witnessed another instance of very (extremely) poor customer service. I was not there but I'll include what my husband saw. I want to point out that this was a game weekend so not many hotels had rooms left and the ones that did I saw were posting upwards of $300/night so I'm sure people who were traveling through were just trying to get a great price and a place to rest their heads.
Okay so here goes: My husband went to the front desk about 10pm on Friday (Oct. 18) to ask for a blanket for our daughter on the fold out couch. He said there was one person working the desk and a woman waiting. The person working the desk was on the phone and noticably irratated at the caller stating they needed to call back for group rates the next day that he didn't know. He put the call on hold and looked up and said to the woman (who my husband said was waiting patiently) do you need a room? She said yes I do...he said do you have a reservation she said no. He said we are full they have rooms and pointed next door. She stood there stunned at the rude tone and he said listen I don't have any rooms and instead of you waiting here you might as well go next door I can't help you anymore. (There was more to this conversation but that is the summary). I will tell you my husband said if anyone ever talked to him or I in that manner we would have demanded a manager. This woman was shocked and went out the door. Then he looked at my husband and said And what is it you need?

Here is the thing its a game weekend, you are going to be busy, people are going to try and get last minute rooms...I get it. But, this person should not be in the customer service industry. There is no excuse for rudeness, just mean for no reason at all. I wish I had been standing there and I would have spoken up. My husband doesn't like confrontation so he stayed silent but said he was really just shocked anyone would talk to someone that way.

To the management at this hotel...You have so many excellent associates at your hotel between the ladies we encountered at the breakfast area, cleaning, and even the front desk...don't let this person ruin your ratings. I would consider a very proactive coaching session on customer service and until them keep him off the phones and away from your customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you were very happy with our rooms. We have recently changed our bedding and we now offer 2 soft and 2 firm pillows (both of which are much larger than our previous ones) on each bed. I do appreciate that you took the time to describe our other room features and amenities; this is very helpful to others when trying to decide where to stay.

I do want to assure you that the issue your husband witnessed has been addressed, and new training measures have been put in place. We do not often encounter these issues, but you are correct in stating they should never occur. I do apologize for any inappropriate behavior by our staff member. I am grateful that you brought this to our attention.

We do hope that the next time you are in the area; you will choose to use our hotel.

Smithville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Needed a hotel for a football game! Wanted to stay downtown but way too pricey. Found this hotel based on reviews and was very pleased. It took about 10 minutes to arrive, from downtown Knoxville. The hotel was very clean, good breakfast. The location had excellent shopping and restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are so happy to read that you would definitely stay with us again; thank you so much for submitting your review of our hotel.

We appreciate you letting others know about the cleanliness of our hotel and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The shopping and restaurants in our area are quite excellent, there is something for everyone!

The next time you travel through Knoxville, it is our hope that you will stay with us again.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

convenient to restaurants, shops, and a friendly check in. quiet nice place to stay. very clean, great breakfast. comfortable bed and room. not a problem in recommending this to friends and family!! stayed here in our move across country.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are so happy to read that you would recommend us to your friends and family, there is no better compliment!

Thank you for submitting your review, and letting others know about our convenience, cleanliness and our hot breakfast every morning. We truly appreciate your willingness to share your experience.

We hope we will see you again if you travel back to the Knoxville area.

Valori Smith

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!