“Not bad....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
TN
“Not bad....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Marginal at best, not a bad hotel and not great. Lobby has been redecorated and is nice but rooms are a little outdated. Good location though, many national restaurants near by. Not a bad stay for one night.

Stayed March 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2006

We chose this hotel because we needed a place north of town with a microwave in-room. It was a fairly average hotel, nothing terribly out of the ordinary as far as we were concerned. It was clean, and recently updated.

Yes, it is backed up to I-75, which was the view from the room we received. However they are not unaware of the noise an interstate makes; the balcony sliding glass door was insulated with... another slim sliding glass door. The noise was audible but not enough to keep you awake. However, the noise drowns out the tv when the doors are open.

The only gripe I really had was that while the hotel had fairly recently been updated, the bathroom was dated with old fixtures which took a minute to figure out... a very long minute when you're talking cold shower!

Not much to complain about here if you're looking for a decently priced room for a business or other short trip.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We needed 7 rooms for a wedding downtown. They have a great group rate here and we were only 3 or 4 miles from the river downtown. Nice, clean facilities and the staff is wonderful. Great rooms with balconies and comfortable beds. We travelled all the way from Michigan and we were made to feel at home. They advertise a continental breakfast here but it was more like a full hot breakfast. I would recommend this hotel. Easy off and on to I-75 too.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

While traveling with my 92 year old father from Florida to Ohio, we decided to stay at the Clarion overnight. I called ahead for reservations and thought we were all set. When we arrived there was a mix up in the reservations and instead of trying to straighten it out the desk clerk became very rude to the point that I would have left if I had not had my father with me. I asked for a handicap room which they did not have but that was ok as long as it was on the first floor. Then she made a big issue about not smoking in the room or she would charge me extra and put it on my credit card. She did this very loudly and in front of other guests. The more I tried to explain to her that I didn't smoke, the louder and more threatening she became. I finally got my father into the room and I couldn't sleep all night from being upset. I wrote to the Customer Relations Dept. and reported this incident. I was assured that I would hear from the hotel in 7-10 days which of course I have never heard from them and so therefore will never stay in a Choice Hotel again.
Ramona Walter

• Stayed April 2005
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

The Knoxville Clarion provides free guest passes to a wonderful modern Fitness Club facility with Racquetball courts -- just across the street. The location is safe. Rooms were very clean and very fresh smelling. Appears the hotel has been renovated fairly recently. Staff was friendly. Great rates. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2005

Huge disappointment...as of right now, I will not stay at a Choice Hotel again...
Checked in to be greeted by dirty sheets and random body hairs all over the room...toilet did not function properly...the dirty sheets were changed, toilet was never fixed...
Bed was terribly uncomfortable...breakfast nothing but typical continental...

Only good thing...the area around the hotel is a great location for TN football games...there is a bus that picks up from all hotels in this area to take you down...little traffic coming home...perfect! (just select a different hotel!)

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2005

I was on a business trip and decided to stay in Knoxville for a night. I made reservations through choice hotels to stay at this hotel. I enjoyed my stay. Nice, clean rooms. Excellent staff and service. Great breakfast. I asked the front desk if the hotel had just opened recently. She said that they had completely renovated the hotel and everything is new. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Knoxville.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn Knoxville? Share your experiences!