“Great location and pet friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff

You added Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff to your Saves list
Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Langley Place at North Peters Road, Knoxville, TN 37922   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #39 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Davenport, Iowa
“Great location and pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Residence Inn on Langley Place is just west of Knoxville and about two minutes off I-40. It is in a convenient location away from the hustle bustle of downtown, amid tons of good restaurants, both locally owned and the usual chain types. Our room was spotless, quiet and consistent with other Residence Inns we have stayed at. Staff at the reception desk was helpful, held our room late following a 2 hour delay on I-95, and came up with a great recommendation for dinner. And of course Residence Inns are pet friendly with lots of good grass right outside the door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for the great comments! Glad to see you enjoyed Puleo's. One of my favorite restaurants in Knoxville. Hope to see you when you pass this way again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to make a stop on our way from Fort Knox, KY to Fort Jackson, SC.
This hotel and location was great! Better than we expected. They offered us a great military rate for a queen suite studio. We had no complaints or issues with our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Always like to hear that we're better than expected :-) Thanks for the positive comments!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Everything was very nice. Worked very well with two bedrooms/ two baths for our family situation. The rooms were clean. The staff was nice. The couch could be updated, it is a little used and sinks. The variety of food was pretty good. I would use this Residence Inn again

Room Tip: My only complaint would be that the staff was eating and taking all the seating in the eating area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. We are glad we met so many of your needs. I would like to address the staff "eating" situation. After breakfast closes, as the staff comes down for our morning meeting, we allow them to consume any leftover food that will be thrown away that day, so that it does not go to waste. Occassionally, we'll have guests show up after we have closed the buffet but before the food has been pulled. We always allow any late arriving guests to partake of what is left. I believe you may have experienced that cross-over. Sorry for what appeared an unusual situation.
Denver CO USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few Residence Inns during my work travel times and this one was average. It didn't have the hot and cold breakfast or dinner that some Residence Inn's have. In fact in the morning it had a continental breakfast with coffee, water, juice, muffins, and yogurt. In the evenings they had water bottles available. The room was nice (I was in a single studio) but I was either too hot or too cold with the AC. There didn't seem to be an in between. The hotel is relatively close to a strip mall, restaurants, and even a Starbucks, so there is plenty of food options nearby. The only true negative I have is that when I arrived in Knoxville my suitcase did not make it. I asked the front desk to call me when my suitcase arrived, no matter what time it was. My suitcase arrived at 2 am. They never called. Finally after a terrible night's sleep worrying about my suitcase (and being too hot or cold) I called the front desk and they said "Oh yeah, its been sitting her since 2 am). Pretty irritating, especially since it had my toiletries and things I really needed in it.

Room Tip: I always prefer to be away from elevators and on higher floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello! I would love to speak with you if possible. In reading your comments, I am concerned the wrong hotel may have been rated. We have a full breakfast with a selection of hot items. We are located in the same parking lot as a sister Marriott property that does serve a continental breakfast. Either way, I'd like to discuss the issues raised so that either property can address the luggage situation with the correct associate. Our main number is 865-539-5339. Thank you!
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was okay. We stayed there 2 nights. They allowed us to check in early,which helped us out. The breakfast was very good ... A good variety of food to choose from. Both mornings someone was in attendance to make sure things were clean and food was in good supply

• Stayed June 2013
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. Too often, hotels offering "complimentary" breakfasts skimp on their offerings. Residence Inns provide everything from a light bite to a big, hearty breakfast. We're glad you enjoyed our selections!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are regular RI guests, so we've seen several different styles of this property, at different ages. All of the properties we've stayed with have been upgraded nicely to keep up with the standard of the hotel brand or brand new. This one is no different. I didn't take any pictures because the pictures already here do the trick. It's great! Comfy, cozy, and CLEAN!

The front desk staff is smooth, friendly, confident, competent, and friendly. The reception/breakfast staff is among the friendliest we've met, except for the reception host in Columbia, SC who is a legend in my mind! These guys treat you like family from the time you arrive until the time you check out. The housekeepers are the same way. ALL of the staff that we met was kind and friendly. It was really refreshing to be taken care of by such a great staff!

The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite. These suites are so roomy. We loved everything so much we extended our stay! The courtyard is cozy and the pool is HEATED, which I've never seen before. The hot tub is not open right now; but the pool is very nice, and even has a "lift (?)" for disabled guests to be able to get into the pool. That's the first one of those I've seen. There are plenty of guest towels crisp and ready to go just before you walk into the pool area. There's also a basketball court there - very nice touch.

The evening receptions are nice. We had one night of vegetable soup and salad with dessert and some snacks. The next night was chili, with fritos, tortillas, plenty of fixins to make nachos or even "frito pie". In addition to that there was sandwich wraps, loads of cheese cubes, crackers with meats (like salami, pepperoni, etc.). They also had a nice peach cobbler. They had a chocolate type mousse on the first night. As far as drinks, they offered lemonade and a lemon flavored sweet tea. There was also water, but no un-sweet tea. They also had coffee all day. As far as adult beverages they had Bud Light on tap, but no wine at this location. The breakfast was varied with steady staples, such as scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt, breads, etc.. One morning breakfast burritos were added in. The next morning sausage egg and cheese biscuits were in that spot. Everything, everything, EVERYTHING that this hotel offered at the reception and at breakfast was fresh and very tasty……FILLING! One thing I’ve noticed, so you’ll want to keep an open mind, is that the menus posted on your fridge don’t always match what’s “on the table”…and just know that whatever they serve is going to be GOOD! This is not the first property where I’ve noticed this.

There is one drawback to this hotel that I didn't ask the management about, and meant to. The internet is very fast, but seems to drop you and require signing in again if there is no activity after just a few minutes. So, if this happens, you may want to ask about it.

I would stay here again, for sure. Also, we do like the Embassy Suites; and the area has just gotten a new one. The things that made us choose to return the RI brand, even though this was our first time at this property, instead of trying the new ES are the amenities and the style of the room. The cost is a few dollars less here. The rooms are far larger and offer 2 bedrooms for less than what a two-queen suite at the Embassy; AND the reception at night for the brand (I haven’t seen this one first hand, only based on prior experiences) is far, far, far less at the Embassy and requires you going out for dinner afterward, which adds to the cost.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Room Tip: Ground floor is convenient. Just remember, other guests (often with children) are above you which d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the great comments! Will you write our next sales brochure? Seriously, our goal is to provide a great product delivered by a caring, friendly staff. We appreciate your recognition!
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a two bedroom two bath suite; the room appeared to be clean. On close examination there were a couple of small (dead than goodness) roaches on the floor. Now, I know that they are impossible to keep away, but still Eeeww -- gross! Front staff not overly friendly or accommodating. When we called ahead to say we would be arriving late and asked to have the sofa bed made up (b/c our previous Residence Inn Stay necessitated a wait for sheets for over an hour) we were informed (shortly after 5p pm) that housekeeping had gone home for the night. We had thought that if we asked to have the bed made up we would stand a better chance of having sheets there, and actually that did work. The elevator went out several times during our one night stay. Be advised, the Inn is very hard to find amid the Staybridge/Courtyard complex, it's really tucked back and away. Nice breakfast and the breakfast staff was so pleasant.

Room Tip: I would opt for a ground floor room in case that elevator goes out again!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feedback and would like to address a couple of the concerns you raised.

I apologize for the bugs. Actually, they were probably beetles. Knoxville is 19 inches above normal for rainfall this year and little critters are seeking any dry place they can find... homes, shops, and , yes, hotels. We treat aggressively for pests (the reason they were dead) and try to prevent them from getting in as much as we can.

As for the sheet request... my staff person should have explained the situation better. ALL of our rooms have a sleeper sofa and ALL are stocked with a set of sheets for those beds. We typically do not make the sleepers so that incoming guests are assured that the sheets are not there from a previous guest. I apologize if you had wo wait on sheets at another Residence Inn, as it is standard that we have complete sets bagged and in the room at check-in.

Thank you again for your observations. I have touched base with my desk person to ensure we are communicating more thoroughly in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff? Share your experiences!