“Worse place ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
West Virginia
“Worse place ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

We just spent the night there on Saturday March 15, 2008. Yes we were there on a race weekend and we paid entirely to much. We paid 215.00 and their normal rate is 46.00 a night. When we first arrived and I turned on the light in the bathroom there was a bug running around on the sink. The main light in the room didn't work the floors were so nasty that we had to wear our shoes the whole time we were there. They had only left one towel and in the morning we firgured out why at 7:30am there was NO hot water to shower in. The heating light in the bath was falling out of the ceiling. There was no hair dryer. The walls in the bathroom looked like they had never been cleaned. Crud in the cracks everywhere. We were almost afraid to go to sleep because you was not sure what might come in and get us!!! The kids wanted to sleep in the truck!! LOL Of course had it not been a race weekend we would have demanded to have our money back and went else where. From the looks of the main building outside it doesn't look bad. I would love to know who to contact on a county or state level. The main door isn't very secure. The main lobby had a horrible odor in it.
You know I know it was our choice to pay that much money for a room but when you have a place that is that nasty it really makes you angry. We had origanally booked a room in Wytheville for the same amount but when we were contacted that this place had rooms available I should have known that something was wrong. We have chaulked this up to a lessoned well learned.
Thanks for listening. I wished I would have read the ONLY review before we booked!! I wish that I had taken photo to post along with this so everyone could just seen all of this for yourselves. Because photos dont lie.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — where do I start
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

The mirror was borken, the wall under the sink was completely covered with mold, the tile and tub was covered in mold as well, the ceiling looked as though it would fall in from water leaks from above, a space under the door allowed "critters" of all kinds to wonder in, the beds made us itch, the A/C sounded like an 18 wheeler, shall I go on?

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Budget Inn

Address: 1704 East Stone St, Kingsport, TN 37660 (Formerly Econo Lodge)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Kingsport
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Room Service
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Budget Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Inn Kingsport
Kingsport Best Inn

If you own or manage Budget Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.