“Absolutely disgusting, would never go anywhere near this place.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingsport
Budget Inn
You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
1704 East Stone St, Kingsport, TN 37660 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely disgusting, would never go anywhere near this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Horrible rooms, no working air conditioning, rooms get so hot sleep is not an option, felt unsafe like one of the outside crack heads would break the doordown at any minute. Pay the extra 2 dollars and stay in the next door Stratford inn.

• Stayed August 2012

Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed here while working at Eastman. It was very clean, the room I was put in was newly remodeled. The bad part about this was the paint smell still in the room from the freshly painted walls. However, the room was clean and we received service everyday. This was not the only motel I stayed at while in town, I had stayed at the motel next door, and the Americourt down the road, both of these were disgusting. They overcharged for the quality of room I received. For a good cheap rate the quality of room was nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Would not return there ever again. When we opened the door we noticed peeling wall paper, mold between tub and floor. Room smelled very musty. Air condition was very loud. a square hole had been cut and not properly fixed, tub was very dirty, I would not recommend staying in this hotel. We wish we had stayed in the hotel next door.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Walker, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

First let me say the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, the bedspread was full of stains and just did not present as very clean. The first night was regular priced and the other two nights were $175.00 per night because of the race. Had the room looked like the ones pictured on the website this would not be an issue. When we made the reservation months in advance, I did not have a problem with the price of the room after seeing the pictures on the website. I feel like the room was misrepresented. I definetly know that we did not get our money's worth - in fact, I feel like we were ripped off. The ironing board was broken, the coffee pot provided was disgusting. My husband went to the local Wal-mart and purchased one. The towels would take your skin off they were so hard. Housekeeping was knocking on the door around 8:00 in the morning. The first time we told them that we were resting. They came back a short time later and we told them that we did not arrive until 2:00 in the morning and to forget about cleaning the room for that day. The next day it was the same thing - however we told them that we would be leaving in approximately 30 mminutes and they could come back then. There was also no ice when we needed it. You can be assured that we will not be staying at the America's Best Inn when we return in August and we will make sure that we tell all of our racing buddies how bad our stay was so they won't waste their money. In today's economy people need to watch how they spend their money not throw it away on misrepresented hotel rooms. I also plan to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Health!

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I don't know what ths other person is talking about, but I thought the rooms to be nice. The people who worked there were very friendly, and made my stay there as pleasent as they possibly could. If I had any questions or problems they fixed it for me right away. I would definitely go back to this hotel if I had any further trips down in that area.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

We just spent the night there on Saturday March 15, 2008. Yes we were there on a race weekend and we paid entirely to much. We paid 215.00 and their normal rate is 46.00 a night. When we first arrived and I turned on the light in the bathroom there was a bug running around on the sink. The main light in the room didn't work the floors were so nasty that we had to wear our shoes the whole time we were there. They had only left one towel and in the morning we firgured out why at 7:30am there was NO hot water to shower in. The heating light in the bath was falling out of the ceiling. There was no hair dryer. The walls in the bathroom looked like they had never been cleaned. Crud in the cracks everywhere. We were almost afraid to go to sleep because you was not sure what might come in and get us!!! The kids wanted to sleep in the truck!! LOL Of course had it not been a race weekend we would have demanded to have our money back and went else where. From the looks of the main building outside it doesn't look bad. I would love to know who to contact on a county or state level. The main door isn't very secure. The main lobby had a horrible odor in it.
You know I know it was our choice to pay that much money for a room but when you have a place that is that nasty it really makes you angry. We had origanally booked a room in Wytheville for the same amount but when we were contacted that this place had rooms available I should have known that something was wrong. We have chaulked this up to a lessoned well learned.
Thanks for listening. I wished I would have read the ONLY review before we booked!! I wish that I had taken photo to post along with this so everyone could just seen all of this for yourselves. Because photos dont lie.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — where do I start
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

The mirror was borken, the wall under the sink was completely covered with mold, the tile and tub was covered in mold as well, the ceiling looked as though it would fall in from water leaks from above, a space under the door allowed "critters" of all kinds to wonder in, the beds made us itch, the A/C sounded like an 18 wheeler, shall I go on?

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!