“A Story of Plusses and Minuses” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Kingsport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Indian Center Ct, Kingsport, TN 37660   |
Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Chandler, Arizona
“A Story of Plusses and Minuses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We'll break it down Dr. Jack style, so on the plus side:
-It was clean
-Comfy bed
-It looked exactly as the pictures showed it
-Hot water
-Free in room wifi
-Free breakfast in the morning
-No pet fee
-Pool
-Convenience to gas and stores like Target and K-Mart for traveling necessities

The minus side:
-Shower looked like a twelve year old put it together
-Much further from I81 then depicted
-"Breakfast person" was out so they had make your own waffles, donuts, and coffee. Nothing else
-Personnel when I arrived was nice, the person there when I left not as much
-Lengthy check out process

All in all if pressed too I would stay again, but I'd sure try and find better value for my $65.

• Stayed August 2012

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
baxter ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ive stayed at this red roof on several occassions and the stay very nice!! the motel is very clean,very accomadating,staff was very friendly,front desk is awsome they know me by name when i come through the door!! They have a very nice pool that is well maintained and the grounds are well kept!! Rooms are very clean and got plenty of room on the inside!! I most definetly will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just stayed at this property. We were tired and looking for a place to stay. After finding the area, there were two run down properties that we would not stay right down the road. We found the Red Roof Inn and it looked great from the outside. Long story short, the first room looked like the door had been broken into by the police with one of those poles for knocking down doors. Felt spooky so asked for another room. The next room wasn't much better, as both were very old and tired. The sink leaked and ran straight down onto the carpet. Not a pleasant experience. My husband wouldn't even shower in the morning as the bathroom area stunk. Got home and they over charged our credit card by $25+ dollars. Don't let the clean outside looks be deceiving, check out the rooms before staying.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The rooms are very clean the housekeepers there do a really great job. The front desk is wonderful every one there makes you feel like you are family. They call you by name and say hello and welcome back as soon as you enter the door. The grounds are very well kept up pretty flowers year round. There is a nice area for grilling out. A fountain pond with fish. Shopping and restaurant close by. Its the best really everyone traveling in Kingsport should stay at this hotel you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

After reading the reviews I was a little skeptical but took a chance & stayed here to be close to my place of business & was happily surprised! The front desk was friendly & courteous, we had a very nice conversation & they went out of their way to be helpful every time I came in. They always have excellent coffee in the lobby also.
The room was exceptionally clean & the housekeepers do a wonderful job cleaning every day. The beds were so super comfy I didn't want to go back home to my old mattress!! The pillows were square but they were so soft & fluffy, the ladies at the front desk gave me extra & I had the best night's sleep I have ever had!
Breakfast the next morning was delicious! It had been a long time since I had had good biscuits & gravy! The selection was also surprising, they had everything you could want for breakfast! Even had yogurt & apples! To top it off the lady who does the breakfast is just terrific! She was a true delight!
I did not want to check out! Wish I could have just stayed! But unfortunately I had to get back home. I have told my boss tho that anytime they get a job in the Kingsport area to send me, I will be more than happy to go back!! Actually I am considering going back just to visit!
So to sum things up: I love the hotel, anyone considering this hotel should give it a chance. I am sure that things can happen, but things can happen in any business anywhere & this hotel deserves a chance!! I will be going back!

Room Tip: I preferred the downstairs facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I was traveling through on business. Very unprofessional front desk woman. Very loud employees. The room was old and dirty. The bathroom needed major upgrades. The wireless internet did not work in my room, and I needed it for my work. The comforters were disgusting. Do yourself a favor and GO ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Columbia, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

This place needs major updating ...
Commode tank made bubbling noises all night.
Sink drained so slow I thought it was stopped up.
Bathroom vent fan is inoperable.
Constant water dripping in tub.
Hair dryer works only if you hold "On" button while using.
Spider in tub when I went to take morning shower.
Mold around tub wall and floor could use a clorox wash.
Carpet thread bare in places.
Now, if it weren't the Bristol Race Weekend, I could have gotten a decent room somewhere else ... will plan trip better to avoid that next time.
For $ 83.00 per night, you would think there would be at least "decent" accomodations.
Friendliness ??? ... Four people gazing at a computer on the desk (all facing me) and not one could ask what I needed until I said "Excuse me" ???
The "friendly" people at this place ? ... only the lady who was emptying the trash bins around the property and the lady who was preparing breakfast were friendly.
Oh, and did I mention trying to kill 2 flies in the room with a towel? I forgot to pack a fly swatter !
Do yourself a favor ... stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!