“Basic restaurant row food in HUGE portions.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 211 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Basic restaurant row food in HUGE portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Food here is predicatble, but very good. Large menu to choose from, and the little fried dough bites at the beginning are a little piece of heaven. Portions are ridiculously huge.

Visited October 2013

Monticello, Kentucky
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very good food!! Love the chicken tenders! Been here a couple of times and food is always consistently good! The wait staff is very friendly also.

East TN
“Excellent food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Took my mom here for her birthday. We had a party of 6.

Our server was amazing. He was courteous, funny, great with the kids, attentive, and quick. We even bragged to the manager on the way out and told him that server deserved a raise he was just great!!

The poppy seed rolls were awesome, as usual.

My parents got the fish with rice and the portion was huge. It was absolutely delicious fish. The seasoning was just right.

I had the grilled pork chops with apples and sweet potato. Delicious.

My husband and son had the chicken tenders and fries, which were...as usual....VERY good.

My daughter had the open face pot roast sandwich with mashed potatoes. It was good, but bland.

The best part was when they came out and told my mom to pick a free dessert for her birthday (we had told the waiter). They brought her dessert AND also a treat for everybody at the table....little saucers with pound cake with strawberries on top.

Another dish we really enjoy is the Asian salad. The sesame dressing is to DIE for.

You can't beat the friendly service at Fatz.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, TN
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The food at this restaurant is very good and timely served. My complaint for this restaurant and others who no longer have registers where customers can pay. When you serve my food, give me my check and come collect it and my funds when I'm finished eating. More often than not, I finish my meal and have to wait and wait until my server shows up with the check. She/he then leaves it and says I'll be back. Sometimes requiring another long wait. Very annoying, making me not want to come back no matter how good the food is.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Wonderfully fresh food and superb service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I ate my birthday dinner with my husband at Fatz in Kingsport, TN. Our server was friendly and very gracious. He attended to our every need and even offered us coffee "to go". The food was fresh and delicious. I ordered the shrimp and my husband ordered the calabash chicken. We both had salads and they were extremely fresh and the salad dressings were great. For dessert, we shared the hot fudge brownie with ice cream on top. It was just the right size for two and was luscious. I highly recommend Fatz on West Stone Drive in Kingsport, TN

• Visited November 2013