“The best food in Kingsport” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 209 Restaurants in Kingsport
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“The best food in Kingsport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have to say Rushstreet has the best pizza in Kingsport. The waitstaff is always friendly oh did I mention the pizza being the best in town. I bring family and friends here at least twice a month thanks guys for doing a great job.

• Visited November 2013

Church Hill, Tennessee
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been here many times, however, tonight was the worst experience I have ever had here. We got there and I asked for one of the koala chairs for my baby carrier. Server (really young guy) brought us one that was broken, wire was no longer attached (the wire that keeps it from opening all of the way) and the straps were cut (that hold the carrier securely) Had to ask another employee to get us a new one because our server was MIA. He returned to get our drink orders.
There were 6 of us my mother, myself, my 4 children age 12, 5, 3, and 6 weeks. Asked for juice for the 3 year old, was told they didn't have any. I told him that normally when we come they just get some O.J. from the bar and serve that. He goes to get drinks: 2 waters, 1 coke, 1 juice, and 1 kids tea. He brings back everything, but my 5 year old had a grown up cup, so we asked for a kids cup again. 5 minutes later he returns with her drink. The restaurant has kids menus that they can color on, but no crayons in building, we were told. We ordered Chicken tenders appetizer with an extra basket of fries, 2 kids cheeseburger meals plain, 1 medium pepperoni and onion pizza, and 1 small cheese pizza. The pizza is a favorite of ours, so we always order enough to have leftovers.
We were seated in the front corner of the building with no other patrons in sight, save a party table that was being prepped for a party of 10. We got no appetizer, or drink refills for approx. 15 minutes. Once the other table had arrived they got all of our server's attention. We received our appetizer with a side (not a basket) of fries, as well as the 2 cheese burger kids meals and said he would be right back.
All of this food was slightly less than warm. He didn't bring any condiments (ketchup, honey mustard) or plates and napkins. About 5 minutes later he brought out plates with napkins, parmesan shaker, and red pepper shaker. A few minutes later he brings out ketchup, mayo, mustard, and pizzas. Pizza was hot. He asks us what we need. We say honey mustard and drink refills on the coke and two waters. He brings a coke and says he will be back with a pitcher of water. Meanwhile, he has messed up drink orders and food orders for the large party sitting beside of us. He refills all of their drinks before he comes back to us. By now the tip he would be receiving is slowly dwindling away. He had two tables. 2. He eventually brings us the ticket and the child drink is adult price and the fries we ordered were charged as a basket, when we actually only received a side order. He came back to pick up ticket and I told him about two mistakes on ticket. He said "all kid's drinks all that price". Mind you, I have been here regularly for over a decade. I told him that it has always been charged as a kids drink. He then disputes the fries. I told him we ordered a basket, he had brought us a side. He says that is the same thing.( a basket here is literally a small basket, the side is served in a shallow ceramic dish). He says he is new and didn't know He accepts my explanation and says he will fix it. He returns and says that the owner fixed the side/basket charge but that I had to pay for the kid's drink. I look at ticket, and it was changed to a kid's price. He said that I had tried to tell him that it was free. He then acted like I was trying to scam him. EMBARASSED me to death in front of my kids. I go to pay the ticket and the server is all over the place flirting with the other really young servers and messing with the computer next to the cashier girl. She has trouble with the computer while waiting on the man in front of me and tells the customer that she is new, my server helps her fix it because he knows more about the system. (remember though HE told me he was brand new). I just paid and left.
Where are all of the older more experienced servers? I have never been so disappointed with a visit here. I plan to call the manager tomorrow. I saved my receipt. I would write the server's name on here, but when the owner supposedly fixed the ticket, the name on the ticket was also changed.

I didn't even mention about the baseboard heater under our table on full blast! I had to ask 2 people over a ten minute span before they would lower the heat. It was 65 outside. it was like molten lava under our table. my kids shoes were warm to the touch from the heat.

Sorry service tonight. Very unhappy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“AWESOME!!! Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I think this is one of the best pizzas in town. I also used them for a catering event for my daughters wedding and it was very reasonable and everybody raved about the food. I would highly recommend Rush Street to anyone. Good food, good prices and Mike and Jerry do an outstanding job.

• Visited September 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Try the fish tacos.. or bruchetta... or anything. It's all delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rush Street is probably my favorite restaurant in Kingsport. It's consistently good, lots of choices and they have great fish tacos. I also highly recommend the bruchetta but only if you like garlic. Just thinking about the bruchetta makes my mouth water! We also love the Mediterranean pizza.. fantastic. Be sure to get a large so you have some to take home. There are lots of other choices too but I like these so much that I usually have one of these three.. and they are always good. I've always had great service and many of the staff members have been there for a long time. Very nice owners who care about their customers and usually come around to see how you liked your meal. Highly recommended!

We also came here with a group of 30 people and it went smoothly... attended a Christmas party here a couple of years ago and it was terrific. I'm a big fan!

• Visited June 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Pizza is not chicago style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

When I think of Chicago-style pizza...I think of deep dish, mounds of cheese and pure deliciousness. I know it is hard to recreate the pizza in Chicago, but this comes nowhere close. It is very thin and is nothing like the "Chicago style" that I am used to. On top of that, it is very expensive and wasn't hot when it was served to me. It is so sad because there are hardly any choices of good places to eat in Kingsport...I just wish restaurants in this area would take pride in their food and service like they do in other places :( Please, Rush Street, change your style to the real Chicago style, and I will become a regular customer!

• Visited May 2013