“Quick after Church Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 202 restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Blountville, Tennessee, USA
“Quick after Church Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seating is fast and a menu for everyone. Breakfast to Dinner. They have quite a variety. Be sure to try their Magnificent 7 for a great Breakfast.

Visited January 2013

80% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Home-Style Meals, And Great Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

After I’ve been on the road for a while, I start to crave a meal of basic meat, potatoes, and vegetables. When I’m in this part of the country, one of the places I know I can get this is at a Perkins restaurant. This location was perfect for that, and just one exit away from the hotel we were staying at. It was much quieter than at some chains that serve a similar type of cuisine, and made for a much more relaxing meal than we might have gotten elsewhere. The restaurant was clean, and service was friendly and efficient. It had been years since I’d been to a Perkins, and the food was as good as I remembered it. I ordered grilled pork chops with mashed potatoes and a fresh vegetable medley as my sides. At chain restaurants, I have come to expect “fresh” to mean “fresh just before they were frozen” as opposed to canned when I see the term “fresh” on a menu, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that my vegetables were not only actually fresh, but cooked perfectly. They were cooked, but still crisp, not boiled into limpness. I had several choices of seasoning for my pork chops, and I chose plain salt and pepper. After ordering, I started to be concerned that maybe they would be overly salty, but they were perfect. Both my sister and husband also liked their meals, except that my husband said the mac and cheese that he got as one of his sides was not very good. My sister was impressed that the gravy that she got with her turkey and dressing tasted like actual turkey gravy rather than the standard canned stuff you frequently get in restaurants. The pies at Perkins have always been wonderful, and I can never eat at one without getting a slice. I was full after this meal, but got a slice of caramel apple pie to go. I took it back to the hotel room and ended up eating it for breakfast before we got back on the road in the morning. I'm happy to say that this location did not disappoint. I just wish the chain would expand into my part of the country.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape San Blas, Florida
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped here for breakfast while traveling to Asheville NC. Great food, fast and friendly service. I had the country biscuit (nice fluffy biscuit, sausage gravy, fresh fruit and crisp bacon) and my husband had the pancakes and sausage. We both really enjoyed our breakfast. One thing I especially like is that they leave the pot of coffee on the table so you can refill your cup any time.

This is the 2nd Perkins we've stopped at for breakfast, and I think from now on we'll look for them when we're on the road. Good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We traveled through Kingsport, TN to get home and stopped at Perkins for breakfast. The service was friendly, quick, and efficient. The food was great and the order was correct. We were pleasantly surprised and would recommend this to anyone wanting a great breakfast for reasonable prices. The four of us ate for less than 30 dollars.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clinchco, Virginia, United States
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our 1st time there and we loved it !! The food was great & lots of it ...The prices were fair ....The people wonderful!! The place was very clean ....We are going back this week end and taking more family with us ....

• Visited July 2012