“Nasty, needs a thorough cleaning” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stradford Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingsport
Stradford Inn
You added Stradford Inn to your Saves list
1708 E Stone Dr, Kingsport, TN 37660 (Formerly Microtel)   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
“Nasty, needs a thorough cleaning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

We went into this location the Sunday evening after the Nascar race. Bad timing on our part. I knew we were in trouble when we pulled into parking lot and trash cans were overflowing. I didn't want to take my shoes off in our room. A light ran the length of our bed with lint encrusted on it. The comforter had burn marks on it. Our non smoking room reeked of smoke. We are not the type of people to make waves but I still regret that we didn't. My husband and I are business owners and our clientele would not let us get away with running our business in this manner. Not that we would want to. This business is in a great location but needs some tender loving care.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
3 Thank starcity

Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

I stayed here during the Bristol NASCAR race weekend. I booked a queen, non-smoking room over the internet, sight unseen. Stupid me. The room was supposed to have a coffeemaker, alarm clock, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, satellite, data ports, etc. I got a TV with cable and an alarm clock. I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal, but I certainly didn't expect this rat hole. The staff at check-in was rude and abrubt. The room smelled like an ashtry, looked like a brothel, and was about as big as a walk-in closet. Everything was putrid pink with teal carpet. (At least I think it was teal...it was too dirty and stained to really tell for sure.) There was a long black mirror that ran the length of the wall just above the bed. (I guess it was supposed to be the heardboard but it made the room look like an hourly-rate room, if you know what I mean). The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were like pancakes. The sink had dried toothpaste in the basin. The toilet seat was grungy and the toilet bowl had a black ring in it. The bathtub had a black ring and a LARGE clump of hair in the drain, like someone had just recently bathed in the tub. There was hair all over the floor. The whole room (bathroom included) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Since I couldn't find any staff (it appeared only one person was working), I left a note on the front desk asking that the room be cleaned before my return that evening. When I returned, same dirty room. I went to the supply room (since there still wasn't anyone at the desk) and helped myself to the Comet, a rag and some clean sheets. After cleaning my own room, I returned the supplies and dirty sheets in full sight of the person behind the desk. I got no apology, no acknowledgment, not even an attempt at a lame excuse. The next day, I received clean towels, the bed was made (not chaged) and the garbage was emptied. Then I noticed the tip envelope for housekeeping. I thought, who are you kidding? Tip YOU for cleaning my room? But you didn't clean my room, I did. Sure, OK. I left her $2 in the hopes that the room might get a little attention the following day. (Also hoping that the cleaning staff wouldn't put something in my toothpaste or shampoo for stiffing them.) Again - stupid me. Clean towels, the bed was made and the garbage emptied. And another tip envelope. I got a little smarter that day. The tip I left - remodel the entire hotel, invest in a good steam cleaner and clean the rooms. I checked out. The rate for all of this pampering? Well, since it was race weekend, I expected to pay a higher rate for the room. My rate? $175/night plus tax - over $600 for 3 nights! No use in complaining when no one is listening; this hotel is independently owned and operated. However, I will be contacting Microtel Inn and Suites Quality Assurance department to let them know that this property is a disgrace to their corporate name and reputation. If I would have known then what I know now, I wouldn't have given a dollar to stay in this hotel. And you shouldn't either.

• Stayed August 2005