“Worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

1708 E Stone Dr, Kingsport, TN 37660 (Formerly Microtel)   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a relative in the hospital and stayed here. What a mistake! The room was disgusting, and there appeared to be a 2-way mirror in the room. I couldn't find another place because it was during a snowstorm, but I would have been much better off staying in my car. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

this by far was the nastiest room i have ever encountered! it looked like they would rent by the hour! against my better judgement i did not look at reviews or room before paying cash for the room. my husband and i left to get something to eat and i convinced him that we needed to get another room. needless to say, they refused to give us our money back although it had been last than an hour from getting the room....but maybe most of their guests don't stay in the room longer than that, so they thought we got our money's worth. we did not even take our bags in the room! they did not offer the basics like iron, blow dryer or shampoo. they only had 1 small bar of soap. the room was the size of a budget class cruise line room. the hallway and condom machines in the main area, should have been our first clue or the fact that there were no other cars in the lot, except for when we returned the key there was a truck. the hotel sign was busted and did not light up. definitely do not waste your money. go up the way and stay at the red roof inn!

Room Tip: don't stay here without looking at room and making sure that you can stay in the condition provi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
columbus,ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stay here because are Uncle was in the hospital by there and it was very dirty and they need to be closes down!!! I dont know how someone could run a business like this and be that way very sad!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

the sign said rooms $39.95 we were charged $155.00 when I got my credit card bill it was for 181.68 for 1 night ,the number 2 bed was a shelf over the air cond that did not work. Dirty ! Ted from ohio

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I was in Kingsport with 2 friends (we're all female) for a business trip. The hotel actually doesn't look too bad from the exterior, although the parking lot was nearly deserted. That should have tipped us off. We knew immediately when we started down the hall to our room that this was going to be interesting (and not in a good way). Yes, there they were right next to the elevator.....condom vending machines. Tres chic! I thought I'd seen some crappy hotels, but never anything like this.
The carpets are filthy, the lighting dingy. Numbers to the rooms are missing in some cases and the room number appears to have been written in magic marker (on the wall) rather than having the number sign replaced.
The room was worse, way worse, than your worst nightmare of a room. No bigger than a dorm room. There are actually mirrors at the head of the bed (they run the full length)! I don't even want to think about the possibilities in a room with 2 double beds. Between the beds are two switches........we carefully switched them on, thinking the beds just might vibrate....but, whew, they were only light switches. The drapes bore some kind of large stain. We decided that either someone had been bludgeoned to death in there or had thrown a pot of coffee in that direction.
The front desk is haphazardly manned, which probably explains why they wanted payment in advance....plus, you know, all those people that would want to flee at first sight of their accomodations. We would have run away, we really would have if only we had the time to find another place to stay before we had to be somewhere for a meeting (fitness training, actually).
Unless you're into ridiculously bad hotels, definitely do not go to the Kingsport Stadford Inn. It is now etched in my mind as the worst hotel I've ever experienced.

• Liked — Hot water was plentiful
  • Disliked — that this hotel is allowed to operate
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

This place has excellent room rates, quite a bit cheaper than other hotels in the area! The staff is friendly and willing to help in whatever way they can. The hotel has a "safe" feel to it because entry to the rooms is from a hallway, rather than an outside door. Management seems to always have several rooms blocked-off for remodeling, and I must have gotten one of the recently-remodeled rooms. It was comfortable, and I will definitely visit again!

Stayed January 2008
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

Rooms were nice. If I did have a problem like i ran out of towels then I would go to the front desk, and the manager would help me. I found out this motel is under new management. Previous review mentioned that it wasnt up to standards. They really turned around the place. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay in a nice clean, inexpensive motel. I highly recommend it

• Liked — everyone is friendly
  • Disliked — nothing... everyhting was great
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stradford Inn? Share your experiences!