“Dirty place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
columbus,ohio
“Dirty place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stay here because are Uncle was in the hospital by there and it was very dirty and they need to be closes down!!! I dont know how someone could run a business like this and be that way very sad!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

the sign said rooms $39.95 we were charged $155.00 when I got my credit card bill it was for 181.68 for 1 night ,the number 2 bed was a shelf over the air cond that did not work. Dirty ! Ted from ohio

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I was in Kingsport with 2 friends (we're all female) for a business trip. The hotel actually doesn't look too bad from the exterior, although the parking lot was nearly deserted. That should have tipped us off. We knew immediately when we started down the hall to our room that this was going to be interesting (and not in a good way). Yes, there they were right next to the elevator.....condom vending machines. Tres chic! I thought I'd seen some crappy hotels, but never anything like this.
The carpets are filthy, the lighting dingy. Numbers to the rooms are missing in some cases and the room number appears to have been written in magic marker (on the wall) rather than having the number sign replaced.
The room was worse, way worse, than your worst nightmare of a room. No bigger than a dorm room. There are actually mirrors at the head of the bed (they run the full length)! I don't even want to think about the possibilities in a room with 2 double beds. Between the beds are two switches........we carefully switched them on, thinking the beds just might vibrate....but, whew, they were only light switches. The drapes bore some kind of large stain. We decided that either someone had been bludgeoned to death in there or had thrown a pot of coffee in that direction.
The front desk is haphazardly manned, which probably explains why they wanted payment in advance....plus, you know, all those people that would want to flee at first sight of their accomodations. We would have run away, we really would have if only we had the time to find another place to stay before we had to be somewhere for a meeting (fitness training, actually).
Unless you're into ridiculously bad hotels, definitely do not go to the Kingsport Stadford Inn. It is now etched in my mind as the worst hotel I've ever experienced.

• Liked — Hot water was plentiful
  • Disliked — that this hotel is allowed to operate
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

This place has excellent room rates, quite a bit cheaper than other hotels in the area! The staff is friendly and willing to help in whatever way they can. The hotel has a "safe" feel to it because entry to the rooms is from a hallway, rather than an outside door. Management seems to always have several rooms blocked-off for remodeling, and I must have gotten one of the recently-remodeled rooms. It was comfortable, and I will definitely visit again!

Stayed January 2008
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

Rooms were nice. If I did have a problem like i ran out of towels then I would go to the front desk, and the manager would help me. I found out this motel is under new management. Previous review mentioned that it wasnt up to standards. They really turned around the place. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay in a nice clean, inexpensive motel. I highly recommend it

• Liked — everyone is friendly
  • Disliked — nothing... everyhting was great
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

This is a/k/a Microtel Inn. Seems they have lost their franchise - and housekeeping dept. Hall carpeting looks like it hasn't been vacuumed or cleaned in a year, and room is no better. Comforter had holes and stains, desk chair had stains and holes in cushion. They offer wifi, but could never get on, was only able to connect to Best Value Inn next door. A/C was noisy. Bathroom amenities included 2 bath towels that appeared to be dirty and a bar of that cheap soap in the silver wrapper. Thats it. Breakfast was pecan spins or bagels, sunny d or coffee. This place was a ripoff even at 39.95, left after one night.

• Liked — It was in Kingsport
  • Disliked — Filthiness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
roanoke,virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

We went into this location the Sunday evening after the Nascar race. Bad timing on our part. I knew we were in trouble when we pulled into parking lot and trash cans were overflowing. I didn't want to take my shoes off in our room. A light ran the length of our bed with lint encrusted on it. The comforter had burn marks on it. Our non smoking room reeked of smoke. We are not the type of people to make waves but I still regret that we didn't. My husband and I are business owners and our clientele would not let us get away with running our business in this manner. Not that we would want to. This business is in a great location but needs some tender loving care.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Stradford Inn? Share your experiences!