“Tastes like bait and switch” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 197 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
“Tastes like bait and switch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Just moved to Kingsport so I am looking for a good sushi restaurant. This is not it. It seems to be in what use to be a country cooking store and rally doesnt fit the atmosphere that you would expect. The salmon nigiri wasretty good and had good size portions but that was the only thing good about this place. The shrimp tempura is frozen from a box. I know because I tried the same stuff when I was making my own sushi at home. Cold and no crunch to it. It also could use some eel sauce as it is pretty dry if you don't dip in some soy sauce. I tried the New Orleans roll and I am pretty sure the tuna had turned. Definitely not fresh. The firecracker roll was an expensive waste of money as it tasted like spackle with hot sauce and eel sauce on it. I accepted this politely and asked for the check without finishing most of the meal. I couldnt be too upset because it was half price right? Wrong. It is buy one get one half price only on the rolls. What a rip off! I have never been to a half price night that was buy one get one half off and they always do half price on the nigiri. Needless to say I will not be back and I really can't figure out how anyone could like is place.

East Ridge, Tennessee
“Best sushi within miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We go to Edo's 3-4 times a month and every visit has been great. The Michael is the best roll I've had there with the Mandalay, New Orleans and Firecracker all running a close second. Always delicious, always fresh. We usually call ahead of time and it's waiting on us when we get there. The sashimi never disappoints either. Yum. Think I'll go tonight!

Also, if you have kids, they have a small play area that helps keep them occupied while you eat all the gross things they won't even try.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

great place for sushi, it is a little hard to find but is worth the search.

Visited May 2012
Erwin, Tennessee
“Tricities best authentic Japanese. I'll keep returning.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The atmosphere is nice. The staff is the best. The food is the star here though. Their yaki is the best I have had anywhere. Their sushi is always fresh and they will honor special requests. I love spicy tune with cream cheese. They have the Gordon and Biltmore rolls that cannot be matched. Their cheese wontons (crab rangoons) are sweet and typically come with chocolate. I like them without. Their edemame is always good and their food is excellent, I'm sure if you didn't like something they'd fix it for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
kingsport
“A hidden gem...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

We origianlly went to Edo's looking for Japanese candy from the grocery section and decided to come back the next day for an early dinner. The staff was very friendly and the food was well beyond our expectations. If you are in Kingsport and used to eating at Moto's or Tomoko's or one of those Chinese buffets, you should definately give this one a try. You will be in for a very nice surprise.....and we haven't even tried the sushi bar yet. But we will....soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Food