“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport

Summit Point, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Dirty hotel and would advise against staying here YUK! Non- smoking room reeked of smoke. The smoke detector was covered with a Walmart bag. The guy at front desk knocked off a whole $20 bucks for our inconvenience. You could see outside from bottom of door to entrance of room. Carpet was gross.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank TsR45
Huntigntown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We thought that the rooms did not have outside access but they did which is a negative for us. Also we had to walk up to our floor hauling out bags which was not easy. The room was larger then expected and the roor had been renovated with nice fresh paint, carpets that did not show any wear. The bed covering seemed fairly new. Two problems there was a large gap under the entrance doo to the room and the entire bathroon was in serious need of renovation. The white tube was more yellow than white. My wife told me that she would not stay here again and I could understand why. She is a little more picky than I am. I found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. The overall rating was based on the condition of the bathroom which we both think is a very important item to consider.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a great stay with the help of Andrea, Todd, Monica at the front desk. they were very helpful with telling me places to eat and attractions to checkout.. my rooms cleanliness however is a different story. the maid service was terrible and the two names I got from the front desk were housekeepers Amy and Vicky. Also there was no management presence at all.. I'm a wyndam rewards member and I stay in hotels all the time and this is a place I don't.recommend.. My sheets were dirty, then one day I came back to my room after a hard day at work and their were no sheets at all on my.bed thanks to housekeeper Amy not doin her job. But I think if they would hire the same type of people to do their housekeeping as they have running the front desk then it would be one of the better hotels in the area. But I will not be staying here again. A little hint to owners/management get a handle on your hotel before you maid staff runs all your customers off. I've also made a call to wyndam to report this place because they should know what kinda of hotels are in their program...

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here once last year and again this past week. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Evidentally the motel is under new management and the rooms and staff are much better. A lot of rennovations have been done since our last stay including paint and carpet. Everything worked great in our room and the wifi was stable even being on the top floor. The breakfast was extensive especially for a continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful also. The maids were very nice and cleaned our room in the afternoon because we wanted to sleep in! We
don't know the area very well and Todd and Andrea at the front desk were awesome with directions and reccomending things to do and places to eat. We were very pleased and will definately stay again when we pass thru. Its also a great value for the price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and comfortable.needs updates .wasn't worth the money I paid. Will not return if I am charged this kind of money being a Nascar fan breakfast was decent

Room Tip: dangerous exit if your exiting going north on 11W