“Great Holiday Inn Express” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1217 Stewball Circle, Kingsport, TN 37660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Greenville, Pennsylvania
“Great Holiday Inn Express”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived late at night and requested a late check out for the following morning. Staff was very accommodating with this request. We had a 2 queen bed suite and it was very spacious. 2 TVS, one for each area. A typical "express" breakfast which was good. Staff was very friendly. Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rising Sun, MD.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel six months ago and we chose it again due to the outstanding customer service we had received. This was definitely not the case on this trip. We were in town for a family funeral once again, and had two seperate rooms. My daughter and I arrived early Friday evening for a two night stay, and my mother and brother arrived later that night for a four night stay. Service was fine upon check in, and cookies were out when we arrived. Room was clean. When my mother and brother arrived cookies were hidden behind the desk and you were essentially limited to one cookie per guest. The next morning we were out of our rooms by 11am and did not arrive back until around five to getting ready for the funeral service. My mother's room had been cleaned, but mine had not been. There was a maid across the hall in another room and I asked her why my room had not been cleaned. She couldn't understand english very well and came over and started cleaning it. I explained to her three different times that my daughter and myself had to get ready for the funeral service and she could not clean at that time, she continued to strip beds, although I had asked her not to. I ended up having to call down to the front desk to explain the situation to the clerk who had to come upstairs and request that she leave my room until we were finished. I was informed that she would only be there for fifteen more minutes and that she was done for the day. After finally leaving she came back to our room two more times to ask me how much longer we would be! Then I received a call from the front desk asking how much longer we would be. I said she's been back to my room twice already and now you're calling me? He said he was sorry he didn't know she had been back bothering us. We were left with a room that had pillows piled on the lampshades, unmade beds, a dirty bathroom etc. After the funeral service I had to come back to the room and make our beds myself. They did provide clean towels. In my mother's room they discarded a shoe box, and someone at the front desk had to go and hunt for it. There weren't any cookies Saturday evening, as we were informed they don't provide cookies on the weekend. No greeting from the front desk on my mother's way out on Tuesday morning either. There also seemed to be a get together Friday night in the breakfast area by the clerk on duty. I called and complained Monday about my room, and was given a call back saying that they credited $34.00 or $35.00 back to my account. After this trip, when we're back we will not be staying here again. I will say your breakfast attendant Saturday and Sunday morning was extremely nice! I'm not sure what has happened to the lack of customer service that we so greatly appreciated on our first trip to town, but I would suggest it's time to reevaluate!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear gmm1974,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We are relieved to know that you were compensated for the shortfalls you have encountered. Nevertheless, we have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had stayed here before and really liked it. The hotel is next to a Pizza Hut, has an indoor pool, has nice setup for the suites......however, I will NEVER stay here again.
We checked in on time and were sent to a room on the 4th floor, it was not cleaned yet....it was 3pm. Went back to the front desk...he sent us to a room on the 2nd floor....got in, pulled out the sleeper sofa to make it up....it was broken. The springs were gone and it just fell to the floor....back to the front desk. He then sent us to a room on the first floor.....got in , checked the bed, fine...ok.....had to use the bathroom.....the toilet literally BOUNCED off the floor when you used it....back to the front desk....He sent us back to the room on the 4th floor. This time its clean, but no sheets for the sofa bed.
The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but no hotel should have this many problems, especially the rooms that had sofa beds and toilets that were falling apart.
I will NOT stay here again..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ChrisHIExKpt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I do want to apologize for your experience here. We take our guests satisfaction seriously, so I was disappointed to hear about your trouble. During your stay we were extremely busy, and I believe there were communication problems, we would definitely not put you in a dirty room had we known. As far as the sleeper sofa and toilet we try to take care of maintenance in a timely manner, but during such high occupancy mistakes are more easily made. Sofa bed sheets of course should always be in a sealed bag in the top of the closet. I do hope that you and your family will give us another try when your team is in Kingsport.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We came in town for a family member's wrestling tournament. We were greeted immediately and received an early check in at noon. It was my wife, 3 year old and 10 month old and myself in room 103. It was very clean. No smells. Plenty of towels and air conditioning worked great. Even had a small fridge and microwave.

We haven't a single complaint except that we stayed in a handicapped room (we aren't handicapped..which we told them up front, but gave us the room anyways due to a booked hotel).. the shower was extremely hard to use and water got everywhere due to the design. But that was minor compared to our stay.

Hot, good breakfast was the highlight.. pancakes, oatmeal, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee, water, orange juice, apple juice, etc..

Very good stay overall!

• Stayed April 2014
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here two nights while we were in Kingsport for a job interview. The hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was above average for your typical hotel breakfast. Our room was extremely spacious and the bathroom was equally spacious. Would absolutely stay here again if we are ever up this way.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here Dec 10-12 for a short business trip. Once again, I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and still looks new from the renovation. I was in a larger room that has a couch in addition to the normal furniture. The breakfast was good and was out and ready by 6am, which is appreciated as I had to leave the hotel around 6:30. This is still my go-to hotel for Kingsport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We drove down to visit friends and the only reason we booked at this hotel was because it said online that there was a indoor pool and spa....We really wanted to soak in a hot tub after our long drive. We were actually visiting people in Johnson City but they only had a outdoor pool at the Holiday inn there and we knew it wouldn't be a option at this time of the year. Frankly if I knew there wasn't a hot tub/spa I would have stayed in the town that my friends lived in.....they had the same room availble for the same price I paid. I was very dissapointed....and it was kind of funny when I asked about the pool the guy at the front desk said yes they have a pool and he knows it says online there is a spa but in fact no, there is not a spa just a pool. My question is why continue with the false advertising? I work at a hotel and this would certainly not be acceptable at my work.

The other thing that I was a little surprise about was I forgot to bring Q-tips with me, so the next morning I went to the front desk and asked the girls if they had any for when guests forget something, they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.....pretty standard practice in the hotel industry to have complimentary toiletries at the front desk for guests.

Other than that...the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the staff was polite. I would have been happy with the stay had I not booked at this hotel because I wanted to soak in the hot tub.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ChrisHIExKpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased to hear that our staff was polite, I apologize for not having the toiletries you needed. We try to keep a full inventory of extras, even the ones such as q-tips that aren't required, but we do run out of things from time to time during our busy seasons. While we have never had an on-site hot tub, we do have deluxe jacuzzi suites. I double checked our online content and we do not advertise a hot tub or spa only the suites. Again thank you for your review and I hope the next time you are in Kingsport you will try us again, but definitely book the jacuzzi suite!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26? Share your experiences!