“Amazing HIE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Kingsport
Ewing NJ
“Amazing HIE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great hotel, super clean and friendly. Right from the moment you walk in you know this is not going to be a typical stay. Fresh baked cookies and bottles of water greet you. Oh and there is a pot of soup in the dining room if you are hungry. Room was big and comfortable. Left before the breakfast time, but the dining area was very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIExKpt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I will pass this on to my team and let them know the excellent job they are doing. Please stop and visit with us again when you are in Kingsport.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Willow Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was going to be in the Kingsport area on business and the Holiday Inn Express looked like a good place to stay a few nights while I was in town – based on recent reviews and photos. I had travelled in from another business location in the Vidalia, Georgia area where I had a horrific hotel experience. My trip to Tennessee/Virginia started off on the right foot when the gentleman at the rental car counter in Tri-Cities asked me where I was staying. After I told him he said that the Holiday Inn Express-Kingsport was the best and to say the least, I was not disappointed. Upon arrival, the hotel had a pleasant/clean smell, the front desk employee was attentive and courteous (the brochure I got from him containing restaurant locations, local attractions, etc. was greatly appreciated), the complimentary bottled water and fresh lemon cookie was a welcomed treat, they had upgraded my room to a King Suite and when I got to my room the air conditioning was already on...what a relief after such a poor hotel experience days before and a day full of travel which included the Atlanta airport. If I ever get the opportunity to visit Kingsport again the Holiday Inn Express will be my first hotel choice.

As a side note...I could have done without walking through the cigarette smoke on my way to the car this morning. The woman working at the front desk was outside on a smoke break. I am personally not a smoker so I find this to be very unprofessional and disrespectful. I will not let this ruin my experience but find somewhere else to smoke.

Room Tip: If it fits your needs the King Suite is fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. Not only do I need to commend my staff but also thank the person at Tri-Cities Airport. I am happy that we were a bright spot in your business travels, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
aurora, on
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in the area on business and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was clean and the staff were very pleasant. The hot breakfast was good and there are plenty of restaurant in Kingsport for meals. The hotel was busy with kids baseball teams (this can be expected and no fault of the hotel). If I am in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable stay, nice room good atmosphere. Newer tvs and nice desk to work on. Breakfast in the morning was the standard Holiday Inn complimentary breakfast.
Didnt use the pool or other leisure amenities.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a surprisingly elegant lobby with crystal chandeliers! Not what I was expecting as I grabbed my yummy fresh baked, lemon cookie and bottle of water and waded to my room. The room was larger than normal and sparkling clean. The staff was incredibly helpful when the business center computer printer broke and I needed to print. They turned an 'oh no' into an ok! A little tricky to get to but close to the highway. Love the predictable breakfast! Such a bonus when. Running out the door to an appointment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family has had increasing problems with our prior loyalty to Hilton Hotels' matching brands i.e. Hampton Inn, so when my son and I drove to Kingsport to attend a Kingsport Mets Appalachian League Game we decided to stay here rather than the nearby Hilton property.

I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 314. Everything was clean, the furniture comfortable and the fixtures up to date. My son and I twice used the pool, the afternoon we checked in and the morning we left, and it was very comfortable.

Breakfast --which is always a pretty commoditized, generic experience at this price point -- was a notch above Hampton Inn's usual. We also found the breakfast room has a few things available through the day, which was especially useful traveling with an 8-year-old.

Based on our recent experiences, I conclude Intercontinental has devoted the necessary funds to upgrade the Holiday Inn brand, which I used to believe was a notch below Hilton. I no longer feel that's true and am happy to give either one our family's business, and may actually start regularly leaning to Holiday Inn if Hilton doesn't start shaping up its offerings.

P.S. Avoid the national chains and, for fast food, eat at the many local Pal's outlets instead. My mother-in-law in Knoxville recommended it, and we were not disappointed. The one we drove to was very busy on a stormy night, which stands as a pretty good endorsement.

Room Tip: We had room 314
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We moved down to Tennessee and decided this hotel would be well suited to continue our visit to the Apulachians & Blue Ridge Parkway. We had a 2 room suite which was really lovely, very spacious, clean & extremely comfortable, so much so that we extended our stay. We are also priority members and have stayed in many Holiday Inns and the breakfast was the usual good standard with choice of different hot dishes every day. Would definitely recommend this hotel, if you get a chance visit Knoxville a great town with lovely riverfront & downtown area but this after you have first gone to the visitors centre, what a treat.A radio station broadcasts a show live from there every day and you can sit and listen to various artists singing & playing instruments it was a real delight.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExKpt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel and also our area. We appreciate our guests taking the time to not only let us know how we are doing but letting their fellow TripAdvisor members know as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next trip to east Tennessee.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26? Share your experiences!