I was going to be in the Kingsport area on business and the Holiday Inn Express looked like a good place to stay a few nights while I was in town – based on recent reviews and photos. I had travelled in from another business location in the Vidalia, Georgia area where I had a horrific hotel experience. My trip to Tennessee/Virginia started off on the right foot when the gentleman at the rental car counter in Tri-Cities asked me where I was staying. After I told him he said that the Holiday Inn Express-Kingsport was the best and to say the least, I was not disappointed. Upon arrival, the hotel had a pleasant/clean smell, the front desk employee was attentive and courteous (the brochure I got from him containing restaurant locations, local attractions, etc. was greatly appreciated), the complimentary bottled water and fresh lemon cookie was a welcomed treat, they had upgraded my room to a King Suite and when I got to my room the air conditioning was already on...what a relief after such a poor hotel experience days before and a day full of travel which included the Atlanta airport. If I ever get the opportunity to visit Kingsport again the Holiday Inn Express will be my first hotel choice.
As a side note...I could have done without walking through the cigarette smoke on my way to the car this morning. The woman working at the front desk was outside on a smoke break. I am personally not a smoker so I find this to be very unprofessional and disrespectful. I will not let this ruin my experience but find somewhere else to smoke.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kingsport-Meadowview i-26
- Holiday Inn Kingsport
- Kingsport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kingsport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport is the winner of the IHG 2007 Newcomer Award and the IHG 2008 Quality Excellence Award. The hotel is conveniently located near the Meadowview Conference Center, Eastman Chemical Global Headquarters, Domtar Paper Co., and the Tri-Cities Airport.Area attractions include: Bays Mountain Park, Fort Patrick Henry Lake, Warriors Path State Park, Carter Family Fold, and Bristol Motor Speedway. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport features an indoor heated pool, an exercise facility, 37 suites including Jacuzzi suites, and offers complimentary Hot Smart Start breakfast, free local phone calls and free high-speed Internet access. Several restaurants nearby, along with several delivery options to the hotel. Free Bus/Truck/RV parking. Our staff will make your stay exemplary, from check-in to check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.