“Good hotel and Busy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
aurora, on
“Good hotel and Busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in the area on business and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was clean and the staff were very pleasant. The hot breakfast was good and there are plenty of restaurant in Kingsport for meals. The hotel was busy with kids baseball teams (this can be expected and no fault of the hotel). If I am in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable stay, nice room good atmosphere. Newer tvs and nice desk to work on. Breakfast in the morning was the standard Holiday Inn complimentary breakfast.
Didnt use the pool or other leisure amenities.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a surprisingly elegant lobby with crystal chandeliers! Not what I was expecting as I grabbed my yummy fresh baked, lemon cookie and bottle of water and waded to my room. The room was larger than normal and sparkling clean. The staff was incredibly helpful when the business center computer printer broke and I needed to print. They turned an 'oh no' into an ok! A little tricky to get to but close to the highway. Love the predictable breakfast! Such a bonus when. Running out the door to an appointment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family has had increasing problems with our prior loyalty to Hilton Hotels' matching brands i.e. Hampton Inn, so when my son and I drove to Kingsport to attend a Kingsport Mets Appalachian League Game we decided to stay here rather than the nearby Hilton property.

I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 314. Everything was clean, the furniture comfortable and the fixtures up to date. My son and I twice used the pool, the afternoon we checked in and the morning we left, and it was very comfortable.

Breakfast --which is always a pretty commoditized, generic experience at this price point -- was a notch above Hampton Inn's usual. We also found the breakfast room has a few things available through the day, which was especially useful traveling with an 8-year-old.

Based on our recent experiences, I conclude Intercontinental has devoted the necessary funds to upgrade the Holiday Inn brand, which I used to believe was a notch below Hilton. I no longer feel that's true and am happy to give either one our family's business, and may actually start regularly leaning to Holiday Inn if Hilton doesn't start shaping up its offerings.

P.S. Avoid the national chains and, for fast food, eat at the many local Pal's outlets instead. My mother-in-law in Knoxville recommended it, and we were not disappointed. The one we drove to was very busy on a stormy night, which stands as a pretty good endorsement.

Room Tip: We had room 314
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We moved down to Tennessee and decided this hotel would be well suited to continue our visit to the Apulachians & Blue Ridge Parkway. We had a 2 room suite which was really lovely, very spacious, clean & extremely comfortable, so much so that we extended our stay. We are also priority members and have stayed in many Holiday Inns and the breakfast was the usual good standard with choice of different hot dishes every day. Would definitely recommend this hotel, if you get a chance visit Knoxville a great town with lovely riverfront & downtown area but this after you have first gone to the visitors centre, what a treat.A radio station broadcasts a show live from there every day and you can sit and listen to various artists singing & playing instruments it was a real delight.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExKpt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel and also our area. We appreciate our guests taking the time to not only let us know how we are doing but letting their fellow TripAdvisor members know as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next trip to east Tennessee.
Twin Cities, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a nice hotel - clean, new, etc. Our big complaint is that we reserved the room online, but then we had an opportunity to stay at a neat B&B (that we didn't know about at the time of our booking), and tried to cancel our room - well in advanced of the typical 24 hour cancellation time for most hotels. We found out that if you book your room online, you cannot cancel. Period. While the hotel was fine, we missed out on an opportunity to stay at a neat place, because we couldn't change our plans. What would happen if you suddenly had an illness in the family, or work issues and suddenly couldn't make your travel plans? You're just out of your money, no way to cancel. I think this is a terrible policy, and despite the fact that this was a nice hotel, I won't be staying at any Holiday Inn Express hotels from this point forward.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExKpt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I do apologize for the problems with cancelling your reservation. Unfortunately, when booking through a third-party online, most websites do not allow cancellation without a penalty of at least the first night charge. Everyone is encouraged to first call the hotel directly with any cancellation request, and we will work with the third-party website to have your reservation changed or cancelled with no penalty.
Shropshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We first stayed here 7 years ago, when the hotel was brand new and at that time we thought it was brilliant, which it was. We have just had another 3 nights here and whilst we would still class it as very good, a few cracks are beginning to show. We had a two room suite which was very spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. The hotel is high up on a hill and although it overlooks a busy road, there is no noise. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, and particular mention goes to Shaun & Lauren. The main thing that let down the hotel for us was the breakfast, which in our opinion was of a very low standard, we are Priority, platinum members, and have stayed at several HIE recently and this breakfast was by far the poorest quality, we even had better in London, England and that's really saying something. There are also a few signs of wear and tear such as the odd bits of wallpaper peeling etc, so maybe it is time for a makeover. Another thing that detracts from the hotel is the fact that the two restaurants next to the hotel are now empty and look derelict, and whilst this is not the fault of the hotel, it does not give a good impression. However,should we be in this area again, we would probably stay here again, because of the hotels in this area it is definitely in the quietest position and is good value, except for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26? Share your experiences!