“No longer 10 out of 10” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Shropshire, England
“No longer 10 out of 10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We first stayed here 7 years ago, when the hotel was brand new and at that time we thought it was brilliant, which it was. We have just had another 3 nights here and whilst we would still class it as very good, a few cracks are beginning to show. We had a two room suite which was very spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. The hotel is high up on a hill and although it overlooks a busy road, there is no noise. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, and particular mention goes to Shaun & Lauren. The main thing that let down the hotel for us was the breakfast, which in our opinion was of a very low standard, we are Priority, platinum members, and have stayed at several HIE recently and this breakfast was by far the poorest quality, we even had better in London, England and that's really saying something. There are also a few signs of wear and tear such as the odd bits of wallpaper peeling etc, so maybe it is time for a makeover. Another thing that detracts from the hotel is the fact that the two restaurants next to the hotel are now empty and look derelict, and whilst this is not the fault of the hotel, it does not give a good impression. However,should we be in this area again, we would probably stay here again, because of the hotels in this area it is definitely in the quietest position and is good value, except for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is immaculate and looks brand new. The rooms are large, nicely furnished and exceptionally clean. The only issue was that the A/C unit smelled stale and we couldn't use it, although it wasn't necessary. I can't say enough about the complimentary breakfast. A full breakfast was provided with freshly prepared items. The offerings were scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, and fresh waffles, if one wanted to prepare them. In addition, there were selection of cereals to choose from. There are several fast food restaurants within 1/2 mile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I stayed 1 night. The hotel is a very nice facility, nicer in some ways than many other new HIE's. We were upgraded without asking to a 2 room suite which we found considrably nicer than most other Jr. suites we have had.
No complaints and I highly recommend if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

One night stay along our route, but it wowed me. This is a HIE right? I've stayed in 4 stars not this nice. Check-in warm and effortless. We asked for a quiet room, no problem. Warm cookies waiting. Room very clean and fresh smelling. Carpets were clean and fresh, not afraid to walk bare footed in room. Gas fireplace was a nice touch. The bed almost as comfy as home. High thread count sheets with nice pillow selection, up scale toiletries, morning paper, breakfast a notch above, attendant present and always replenishing supplies. To go bags available if you're in a hurry. Complimentary water bottles at the desk. Pool indoor and well maintained as well as the gym next door. Employees seemed to take pride in their hotel. Seriously,if corporate would follow this managers style they would have no competition hands down. I don't believe you can get a better value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The suite was spacious with 2 TV's, but the sofa was not comfortable . The indoor pool was nice and warm. Everything seemed very clean. We really appreciated the non-smoking policy.
The beds were too hard for us; we did not sleep well. The included breakfast selection was average; limited fruit, no pastries except cinnamon rolls ( like Pillsbury but larger) some hot items including make-your-own pancakes. The breakfast area was very attractive and the attendants were quick to replenish items. Everyone we encountered was very pleasant. The Holiday inn itself is fine; it would be nice if a chain like Denny's or Perkin's or Ihop would move into one of the closed restaurants ( one in front and one behind .) The hotel provides continental breakfast but has no restaurant, though there are lots of places nearby to eat . The wifi works well. Overall we enjoyed our stay . The hotel seemed very busy while we were there. We were given cookies and bottled water at check - in ( around 7:30 pm) but never saw them offered again, not sure what the hours are for those. There is a fitness center, but I didn't use it , so I can't comment on it. There seem to be lots of things to see and do in Kingsport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've never written a review during a stay. My first 24 hours at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Kingsport, TN have inspired me to deviate from the normal. It's a Holiday Inn so frankly, my expectations were admittedly not all that high. I wanted a quiet and clean room. Anything else would be a bonus. Well, this hotel is full of bonuses!

The people are wonderful. From the desk personnel, to the room attendants, to the employees taking care of the complimentary breakfast, everyone is nice, friendly, and helpful.

Speaking of the breakfast....I almost never eat at one of these hot/cold buffets. Most have microwave looking offerings that make fast food appear like a delicacy. Normally you see this kind of breakfast set-up picked over and bare. This one is different!! Everything appears to be fresh and tastes excellent. I even went back for seconds!

The rooms are very large, at least my "suite" on the 4th floor is. The rooms are set up kind of like an Embassy Suites room but at a fraction of the price. Everything is very clean and I am pleased with the TVs and Cable channel options.

I arrived at 9:30am, without a reservation, and they got me checked in with a smile. I think they may have even upgraded me!

It's hard for me to imagine why this isn't the top ranked hotel in Kingsport. I've been in this city three times in the past three years. This is now the third hotel I've tried. It will be my last. They've earned my business from his point on. Give this one a try over all the others. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HIExKpt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are always striving to improve our customer service, and experiences such as yours are exactly what we are working for. I have posted your review so that our staff can see the appreciation for their hard work. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed here 3+ times over past 3 to 4 years and this is consistently a great hotel. Breakfast is great, hotel feels clean and conveniently located. Staff always friendly and helpful if necessary. They obviously take pride in this hotel and so glad it has been an option.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26? Share your experiences!