“Food Good, Service Bad” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 215 Restaurants in Kingsport
North Carolina
“Food Good, Service Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

Begin with standing at the hostess desk for OVER 5 minutes without being recognized in ANY way.
Gave up and went and got a bar table. Server, Desiree (or something) was friendly enough, but it ended there.
Brought an extra beer without asking (upselling), and NEVER asked if we wanted any dessert, then took forever to return with our receipts after paying the bill. Just missed the "little things."

• Visited April 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Just wonderful !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I have eaten at the Kingsport location many times. The service is always great, the food is always perfect. The manager Chris is just outstanding !!!!! At one time, I did have a problem with my order ( I dont remember what) but I do remember that the manager was there to fix the problem quickly. He also wanted to pay for my meal. I didnt let him because the problem was not that big of a deal. But knowing that they wanted to take care of me meant alot. I love this Longhorn and will continue to eat there. In fact, I am going there today for dinner.

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“First Class Food & Service In A Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This is the second time I have eaten at Longhorn Steakhouse in Kingsport, and I hope not the last. Both experiences have been great.
Beginning with the atmosphere: it is wide open, yet not loud. It is spacious but with tables that feel intimate. It has a true Texas cowboy look about it; great décor. Saddles, horses, spurs and the works; with great prints and pictures everywhere. Horse and steak loving kids will love it.
The food: just great. Steaks are great, chops, ribs and salads. Couldn't be better.
And the service: the manager brought my plate of pork chops, apologizing all the while that they were a little 'dry'. They were, but they were delicious. A few minutes later, he came back with a steaming plate of big juicy chops. Very thoughtful.
Great foo, great atmosphere, great service, what more could you ask for?

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gate City, Virginia
“A Bit Too Busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I know it is the times we live in but I still enjoy a place to eat without so much extra going on. Tameka took care of us and she was great. The peanuts are always a nice touch. The food was good and the portion size was generous. I know for young families this is a great place. You know things are good when there is a bit of a wait to be seated.

• Visited January 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Was weary when we walked in because there was a lot of people waiting to be seated but my husband counted 24 tables that were empty and clean so we were not expecting a good experience. This was our first time eating here. Our waitress Tameka was excellent. My steak was well done however succulent and moist not like jerky. Salad was great. Baked potato was excellent. We will definitely be coming back here. Excellent excellent food!!!