“The Best Soup I've Ever Had!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 212 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Thai
Bristol, Tennessee
“The Best Soup I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Thai Noodle Town is a strange, amazing place to eat. It is tucked away in a rather odd shopping center, and one must be on the lookout for it or you'll pass it right up (we've done so twice already). We only recently discovered this restaurant, and usually travel all the way to Greeneville Tennessee to get our Thai food fix, so it's quite nice to have something a bit closer to home.

The restaurant is small, with only eight or so tables, and the kitchen is out in the open in the dining area, which is neat. However, seating/waiting does seem to be a slight issue. We arrived at around 7pm, and only there was only one table open. The host told us straight away that it could be an hour before we got our food, but he was very polite and apologetic about it. My boyfriend and I were on a diet, and were eager to eat something that didn't involve kale for once, so the prospect of a long wait didn't bother us very much. It seems as though one older woman does most of the cooking, and she knows what she's doing. She isn't slinging dishes out left and right like some corporate franchise chef, so it can be a bit slower than what people are used to. But in fact, our food ended up arriving after only twenty minutes or so - far short of the predicted hour wait.

We ordered the summer rolls and shrimp soup instead of the usual Pad Thai and pineapple fried rice (which is very good here as well), and our host/server told us that we had made a good choice as the chef had just made a fresh pot of soup. The summer rolls were great, and in addition to the usual filling of things like rice noodles, cucumber and cilantro there was also pineapple in them, which was unexpected and tasty. However, the Tom Yum soup was just out of this world. Unbelievable, and possibly the best soup I've ever eaten. I've since had this dish at another Thai restaurant and although good, it doesn't come within a mile of Thai Noodle Town's soup.

I so badly hope that this place sticks around for a long time. The food is fresh, authentic and inexpensive, and totally worth the drive. The only issue here is the wait, and as we ate our food we noticed that no less than five separate parties of people came in behind us and were told of the supposed hour wait. All of them decided to eat elsewhere. I felt like stopping them and whispering "Don't worry, it won't be that long, and it's worth it". It can't be good for business to turn people away at the door for a wait that doesn't exist. I see that many others have commented on the wait as well, so I can only hope that the little lady doing the cooking will get some help back there. I certainly do not mind, but I'd hate to see this place lose business and/or eventually close.

• Visited June 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Authentic, Delicious Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you're looking for authentic, Thai cuisine, this place is where it's at. The people that own this place are great people that make great food. Everything on the menu is delicious. My favorites are the Rice Noodle Soup with beef (Pho) and the Pad See Ew with Chicken. All of their curries are delicious as well. All of the appetizers and soups are worth a try as well. Be aware, this is not a fast food restaurant. Everything is cooked to order. Make sure you have time to enjoy your food and if you are going at lunch time, get there early, I'm talking 11:15. If you're not there at 11:30, you won't have a seat. Or, you can go later. Usually the crowd thins out around 12:30. In my opinion, this is one of the best Asian restaurants in the Tri-Cities, or anywhere else I have been, as far as I'm concerned.

• Visited July 2014
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Great people great food! Hands down best restaurant in Kingsport! Everything is fresh and home cooked! Even the sauces!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We love Thai Noodle Town. The food is always fresh and delicious. The restaurant doesn't have a lot of seating and service can be a bit slow, but otherwise, it is great and would definitely recommend it!

• Visited February 2014
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I took my family here because of all the good reviews and we weren't disappointed. The food was fresh and very tasty. Service was not slow at all. We will go back for sure.