“Good food.... Bad service” 4 of 5 stars

800 Stonegate Rd, Kingsport, TN 37660
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 211 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Thai
“Good food.... Bad service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Since Tomy Thai left... I was looking for a nice Thai food place and Thai noodle town showed up in 800 stone gate road. This thing looks like a family owned restaurant.

Very good Thai food. Always tasted fresh. Family owned and operated. Reasonably priced.

Place is small though. Most of the people don't speak English that well, but eventually communicate ok. They are still yet to improve in taking care of customers. Ex. We were not given the cutlery until after the food was served and we asked for it !! That's unacceptable for a restaurant.

These issues have nothing to so with the food though. I would visit them definitely for the quality of the food.

I guess, as the time passes, they will improve.

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great to Find Local Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great Thai food is back in Kingsport! This family owned and operated restaurant is small but the food is cooked as you order it and really great! A friend and I visited for lunch - we were seated at the last open table. We were waited on promptly and the food cooked to our specifications - no cookie cutter food here.

The soup was spicy but not too hot. Summer rolls were available with a great sauce. The curries were good. I will go back soon.

The location is a bit tricky to find but very near the old Stonegate shopping center just off Stone Drive. Check their Facebook page for directions.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Hollywood, California
“Finally, Thai in Kingsport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Love this little place! Being an LA girl, it's hard to find a Thai place,let alone a good one.
The food is very authentic and flavorful, but the best part is that the owners view every customer as a valuable asset. The bad part is that it seems to be in a bad neighborhood, with very questionable people hanging around.

• Visited December 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Best Thai in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

In my opinion, this restaurant is by far the best Thai food in the area. I've been to this place multiple times and this food is incredibly consistent.

If you're looking for a quick meal then I would suggest take out. Sit down wait times are usually longer. For take out you can call 15 minutes ahead and it will be ready when you arrive. I have a 20 minute drive from there to my house and it is still hot by the time I get home.

I will warn that the curry that is labeled as spicy is very spicy. I love spicy food and usually I think the hotter the better. However, the red and green curries will definitely make you sweat.

An amazing family business!

Visited December 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Fresh, Authentic, Cooked to Order Thai Food Presented With a Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a wonderful lunch at Thai Noodle Town this afternoon. My order was prompt, hot (temperature) and DELICIOUS! This is real authentic Thai Food—the best I've had (and I've had plenty). If your in the area, stop in and try the Cashew Chicken. This is a busy little place, so seating is limited, but definitely worth the wait. Family-owned and operated.

• Visited November 2012