“It's a Clam Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's a Clam Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

That should be a clue to not expect much in other food specialities. I tried the meatball sandwich big mistake. But they refused payment for it and as always the service was exceptional. I will go back but I will probably stick to the seafood menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Biggies Clam Bar in Kingsport lives up to its name!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are traveling near the Kingsport Tennessee area, stop at Biggies clam bar in the middle of the mountains! It is a family owned restaurant from the NJ area since 1946 (yes believe it or not) and their selection of food is top shelf!

Last evening I had their Grouper and Risotto which was really one of the best grouper dishes I have ever had! Their menu ranges from appetizers, sandwiches, raw bar selections and entrees.
Each day they have specials, entertainment from 2 for 1 food selections, bands or open mic nights and very very friendly staff and servers. Indoor seating or 2 large outside deck areas!!

This WILL BE your favorite restaurant in the area for every occasion!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Great Seafood/Awesome Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Picked Biggies from TripAdvisor because I have been craving whole fried clams for a very long time. When I saw Biggies originated in Jersey...I knew this was the place to try. Don't do chains here. We are in town for the Fun Fest Concert series and dining out alot. We had reservations for 7 PM N left at 1 AM...Had to stay N listen to the band. Awesome food...Mack (Mackenzie) N the staff were VERY attentive and all Mack's recomendations were spot on. Food, Service, Atmosphere were all Awesome...Nutha place I want to Clone N take back to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge....I'd be a regular!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

While I suspect this restaurant may be better if you're eating from the high-dollar end of the menu, my wife and I were disappointed in our effort to have a mid-priced Sunday afternoon lunch. My wife wanted the "white cap" au jus, but they were out, so she switched to a grownup grilled cheese, which also has bacon on it. Being in a place that makes a big deal out of oysters, clams and such, I ordered the oyster po' boy. The word we came up with for both was "uninspired."

The po' boy came with shredded red cabbage, tomato, and remoulade and tartar sauces on the side. I promptly removed the sickly pink tomato slices, one of which had part of the tomato stem embedded in it. The oysters did not appear to be very big; I tasted oyster once as I ate what otherwise seemed like a bread sandwich. The onion rings I had in place of fries were quite good. In both our cases, we could have done much better for less money at one of the many chain restaurants along Stone Drive or Eastman Road.

The service was good; Randall, our waiter, was attentive and accurate.

To sum up: A couple on the way in asked us as we were leaving if Biggie's was worth trying. I told them essentially what is written above, and they decided to go elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chatham-Kent, Ontario
“Very friendly, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Biggies is a fun and loud bar/restaurant in Kingsport. They had a live band playing the night we were there. This place was recommended by our hotel as they could accomodate our large group of 45 people from a basketball team. We had a nice large room in the back with our own flat screen TV. The staff were very friendly and tried their best. However they struggled to take our orders and bring out the food in any kind of consistent manner. They would bring out the food and yell out who ordered this. We had ordered all of the food by our kids jersey number, so I am not sure why they did not use this system. Trust me, after many years of going to restaurants with our childrens' sports teams, this is the best way. We spent over 3 hours to be served basic dishes like soup, salads, burgers, chicken fingers, pizza, sandwiches, etc. My son and I, along with a couple of others, finally received our orders near the end of our evening, more than an hour after most of the others had finished. I will say they tried their best, provided some free appetizers, and stayed positive and friendly. Our family of four did not enjoy our food and would not return or recommend as a place to eat.

Visited July 2013