“Wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9980 Airport Parkway, Kingsport, TN 37663 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Hartwell, Georgia
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at Americas Best Value Inn, Kingsport, TN. Both times it was very good to excellent! My room was clean and fresh smelling. I specifically requested Non Smoking - there was no trace of smoke in the room. The hotel is "pet friendly" which I need; there was no evidence of other pets having stayed in the room. Everything worked; lights, air conditioning/heater, refrigerator, microwave, TV and shower! The grounds were well maintained. The hotel, parking lot and grounds had a clean and well kept look about it. The staff was on call, helpful and friendly. I left one piece of my luggage and with one phone call they boxed it up, took it to a UPS store; all at no additional charge - outstanding!

Room Tip: If you have a pet; ask for a room close to the large grassy area - wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear PattiS,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean facilities, excellent service, and well maintained grounds! I am glad that we were able to return your luggage! Come see us again sometime!

Mike-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Kingsport, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

In one word, "DIRTY!" not to mention the fact that the day after my 1 night stay I began to itch in certain places on my body. After doing some research I was less than thrilled to find out the spots are bites from bedbugs...

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Cigartime,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. We do have a licensed pest control company which routinely treats our rooms. Did you report the problem to the front desk immediately? I am not aware of any issues at this time. Please call me directly so that I can further investigate the matter. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Americas Best Value Inn- Kingsport, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Was very satisfied. Room was clean, staff was friendly, and breakfast was waffles, cereal, and juice and coffee.
Nothing fancy but can't beat it for this price. I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Monseyfire,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share a review with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff, and free breakfast. Should you return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Americas Best Value Inn-Kingsport, TN
South Brunswick, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was a convenient, affordable stop off the highway on our trip to Gatlinburg - easy to get to. It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday night & the place was full. I'm sure the rates are much higher during races, but that's supply & demand. It has free wifi; waffles, cereal, coffee, milk & juices for breakfast. Room was small, but clean. Take note: unless you are adventurous and want to explore the area, the only restaurant is the Cracker Barrel (which is on the other side of the highway). Behind the Cracker Barrell is a small department store to explore, pretty much the only other sign of civilization.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear gjcooper,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable rooms, and free breakfast. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn- Kingsport, TN
Middletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I am very pleased to say that I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends. I had to make a last minute emergency family trip, and needed a comfortable, homey, inexpensive place to stay, and that is exactly what I found. Our room was very roomy. In a 2-doublebed room, even with my self husband and 3 kids, teenager down to age 3. Complete with microwave, refrigerator, free cable, free WIFI and HBO. It had everything that we needed! The staff is very friendly and definitely portrays true " Southern Hospitality". That place was definitely much more than I expected, especially for around $50 a night. To top it all off, because it sits on a hill, I woke up to the most beautiful sunset, and a very relaxing view of the mountains and scenery around. Very happy with my stay and i will "definitely" return. For the money, location and benefits that this motel offers. You just can't beat it.

Room Tip: I would use your AAA or AARP for a discount.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
We are glad you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Hope to see you again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This place was not too bad, a little out of the way but OK.

The internet access in the lobby did not work and could not be accessed when I arrived at 11pm - I was told to try in the morning which was annoying. The next morning it didn't work at all anyway.

Otherwise the room was fine, no problems, parking was easy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
alpa01, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
We are sorry that you had issues with our internet, thank you for letting us know. That problem has been corrected and we purchased a new computer for our guests to use in the lobby. Thanks again and hope to see you again.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!