“Chocolate chips” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kingsport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Kingsport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kingsport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3004 Bays Meadow Place, Kingsport, TN 37664 (Formerly Jameson Inn Kingsport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Chocolate chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was my second time using the Priceline Express Deal, and I was very happy to get a company name I'd previously had a good experience with. So no problems at check-in, no problems with the bed, etc... Disappointed they didn't have a hot tub, and it didn't seem warm enough to use an outdoor pool in the evening, so I can't say anything about the pool we didn't use. The next morning as we were leaving breakfast, I noticed some stuff by the waffle iron. I think one jar had chocolate chips, and I couldn't tell what was in the other jars. So that was cute, someone left stuff to try to make fancy waffles, but I didn't notice until after we were already done with breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newport, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

First when I checked in they had a problem locating me in the computer. When they located me they said there was something wrong with the card I held the room on. After being able to get past that found out the cc wasn't mine. The other people with me checked in and their reservations had been cancelled and not by them but the hotel. Had a red stain on a towel. We were there for 3 days and every morning they left a note saying they needed to talk to me. They tried to tell me I didn't have a reservation, That is until I showed them my copy. Hallways smelled great until morning. Then you realize why they masked the smell and they were covered in stains, and no ac in the hallway which made it smell worse. Elevator was filthy and wet. Day shift girl was rather rude. I stay at Quality Inn's alot and this is far worse than I have ever seen. I would chose one of the other hotels next to this one next time. A bus load of people checked in and one guy came down to inform the desk they must be sharing the room with someone because someone had been sleeping in their bed. It hadn't been made. Very disappointing....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has low quality expectations for cleanliness and professionalism. There is a reason that there is availability. The poor cleanliness is inexcusable. Our room 231 had mold in the shower. It was covered up with drywall tape some time ago and the problem resurfaced regardless of the band aid. There was a chick FilA bag sitting in the hallway for 4 days before it disappeared. Not sure if it was removed by an employee or a customer. Room 221 (suite) was filthy, but did have more room. There were large stains on the carpet, sofa, and bed spread. It is clear that the expectations are very low for employees. The manager was very confrontational and vindictive with customers. I witnessed her yelling at a customer after having an unprofessional exchange one day prior. She, Jill, also refused to check in a single mother who drove all night until the "official check in time" even though the room was ready. The mother had called previously and talked to the manager who was unfriendly with her and it was clear that she was on the managers "list". A cracked piece of wood trim was left for 3 days without replacing it, but it was "guarded" by a slippery when wet sign to have people avoid the area. The facility had numerous broken tiles in rooms and common areas. The second floor thermostat was set at 80 degrees and was very uncomfortable. The exercise room was very poor with few pieces of equipment which were broken during our stay. The pool was small and dirty. The amount of chlorine in the water was enough to change clothing color. There were approximately 6 chairs around the pool, one of which was broken.
An "Undercover Boss" stay would do this "Quality Inn" some real benefits.

Room Tip: I would suggest continuing up the road to the Comfort Suites for a newer, clean facility at approxim...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

During our stay my family and I found that we didn't know what a dump hotel is, that is until we stayed at the Quality Inn. First of all, the staff was inexcusably rude and unhelpful during our stay. Secondly, the rooms were uncomfortably small, unless you were to get a suite which I would recommend not even trying because Sandy (the atrocious lady working at the front desk) will give you hell until you finally decide arguing with this living nightmare is not worth your time. Anyway, if you are as dumb witted as us to choose this hotel, please make sure to not open your mouth in the pool or else the unnecessary amount of chlorine will burn in your throat for the rest of the day. Have a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

After a ton of research, we decided we had to give quality inn a try. The price was far lower than the other options and seemed to provide all of the extras. We were not disappointed. Nice place with recent renovations. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This used to be a Jameson Inn, which is generally one of the nicest pet friendly chains available in small towns. This was my first stay since then and it is pretty much the same. A decent, clean, pet friendly hotel at an affordable price.

Room Tip: For some reason the hallways on the second floor were incredibly hot which made it tough to keep the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when going to the Bristol NASCAR race in march. It was one of the few hotels that still had rooms open in short notice. Pleasant staff but not very with it. We got back from the race on Sunday to find out room was never cleaned. That was because they didn't even know we were there. It seems that when we checked in the paper work was never filed so housekeeping never knew that room was being used. And it was not cheap either. I know prices go up on race weekend but it was not really worth the cost. Next time we will plan further ahead and make sure we get a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!