“Changed brand and went downhill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kingsport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Kingsport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kingsport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3004 Bays Meadow Place, Kingsport, TN 37664 (Formerly Jameson Inn Kingsport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Alexandria, Virginia
“Changed brand and went downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This used to be my standard stopping point on frequent trips between DC and Birmingham because it's pet friendly and we usually travel with our dog. However, a couple of weeks ago, it changed to a Quality Inn and it was instantly evident that the property had gone downhill. The front desk staff was nice enough, but the doors to the laundry around the corner from our room were propped open. I just don't need to see piles of gross, dirty sheets and towels. It was also clear that they had removed some of the furniture in the room, including the chairs. The breakfast was much smaller than it had been in the past. This was a really convenient stopping point in the past but we'll be skipping it in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We found the Jameson Inn in Kingsport to be easy to find from I-26 and Rt. 81. Desk clerk was very helpful. The bed and tv were good. The exercise room was adequate. We do not travel with a pet so it was not welcoming to us to see and hear dogs. The walls and carpets were stained.The bed skirt was wrinkled and had a burned hole in it. There was a musty smoky odor and those things combined made you wonder how clean it really was. The breakfast offered was
not the best. But we could not beat the room rate.

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here on our way through Tennessee. The people working there were very friendly and helpful. However, the room...well...it was far from fantastic. I'm not one that normally complains, but the room didn't look very sanitary. It smelled funky. We get in and see a cockroach on the wall. We killed it, so it no longer resides there. I did my normal bed bug inspection. Fortunately, there were no bedbugs. However, there were some old french fries on the floor. The room had a fridge/microwave. The microwave wasn't that clean, and the fridge had a half-drank bottle of water left in it. My wife and I would have normally showered that night, but we decided to hold off until morning for sanitation purposes. (The room/bed just felt a bit icky if that makes sense.) All that being said, we just stayed in one room, so maybe there are other rooms that are fine. Maybe they had a bad day and missed some fries on the floor. It could be anything. It felt like it was in a fairly safe area. There's a Wendy's and a Hardee's within walking distance. Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't go back. If you have to stay here, it won't kill you, but I know for a fact there are better hotels for the same price in this area...because I've stayed in one. Cheers! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JamesonKing, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
While I am thankful to hear about your recent stay with us, I am saddened that your visit did not meet the excellent standards Jameson Inns are known for. Please rest assured that I have made a special effort with my housekeeping staff to address your concerns in ALL of my rooms. We are conveniently located next to the interstate with a number of restaurants in close proximity and I am glad that was to your liking. On your future visits to and through this area I do hope I have an opportunity to erase your first impression and provide you with the perfect stay which all of my guests deserve. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Jameson Inn is a newer property. I've stayed in older Jamesons and this is one of the better properties. I stayed only one night as a guest of a guest. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are not cramped. The rooms have a mini-frig and micro. The bathroom sink is outside of the bath/toilet area. Everything looked clean. The breakfast food was below average. The biscuits were crumbly and the sausage-flavored gravy was OK but there was no actual sausage in it. That was the only hot entree, otherwise the breakfast food was pretty unremarkable. The breakfast area was small with not much seating. Overall, I enjoyed my brief stay and I would probably stay here again if I needed a low cost alternative. The hotel is located at the intersection of two major highways in Kingsport so you can get to wherever you want to go pretty quickly. A Wendy's and Hardee's are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Second floor has smoking rooms, so the hallway smells like smoke.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to helping you with your lodging needs in the future.

Williamsport, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We used this hotel simply for one night and that would be all I would want. The bed was hard, the room was worn and old. Really needs some updating. At least the room was clean The bathroom was very tiny, but clean. The breakfast was a joke. They had instant oatmeal, but no boiling water so they put hot tap water in a thermos and you couldn't heat it up in the microwave because everything was stryofoam, whichs melts in microwaves. The sign out front said that the pool was open, but it was not and from what I saw it was very dirty. If all you need is a place to sleep for one night then you should be ok with this hotel, but any longer I would find another place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I first want to thank you for your time in reviewing the Jameson Inn of Kingsport. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to your unsatisfactory night with us. Moreover, I would like to apologize for the pool being temporarily out of order during your visit. I can assure you that the pool is up and running and ready to be enjoyed. I have addressed your concerns about the oatmeal with my breakfast host. We do have piping hot water readily available for the oatmeal and the hot cocoa. I would also like to let you know that we have recently updated all of our rooms with 37” LG Flat Screen televisions, gourmet coffee services, and microwaves and refrigerators. Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay and please feel welcome to call and speak to me directly as I would genuinely appreciate the opportunity to earn your future business!

Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The rooms were just the right size and the beds were comfy. Great service. I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am gald you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've previously reviewed The Marriott Meadowview and The Hampton Inn in Kingsport and I would stay at either place or get a hotel in nearby Johnson City before staying at this hotel again. The bed was hard, the pillows were lumpy, the towels were thin and everything in the room was worn. Plus, the lobby and my room had an odd odor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Please accept my most sincere apologies concerning your recent stay with us here in Kingsport. Our Dremium Pillow-top Mattresses are often the highlight of our guest’s stay and I am so sorry to hear the bed was not to your liking. Prompted by your review, I am auditing all of my pillows and linens to ensure that they meet the high standards that guests of Jameson Inns have come to expect and enjoy. I can also assure you that I will be addressing your concerns with my housekeeping staff to guarantee that we are adhering to standards that have found Jameson Inns ranked #1 in Customer Service by Market Metrix for the last 6 years. As a precaution for our guests with allergies, we use cleaners that are free of fragrance and scents to leave a clean but pleasant aroma. I am sorry this was not your experience. I know you are a busy traveler and I thank you for taking the time to send in your comments.

Been to Quality Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!