“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Kingsport to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Quality Inn Kingsport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3004 Bays Meadow Place, Kingsport, TN 37664 (Formerly Jameson Inn Kingsport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Kingsport
Indiana
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Jameson Inn is a newer property. I've stayed in older Jamesons and this is one of the better properties. I stayed only one night as a guest of a guest. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are not cramped. The rooms have a mini-frig and micro. The bathroom sink is outside of the bath/toilet area. Everything looked clean. The breakfast food was below average. The biscuits were crumbly and the sausage-flavored gravy was OK but there was no actual sausage in it. That was the only hot entree, otherwise the breakfast food was pretty unremarkable. The breakfast area was small with not much seating. Overall, I enjoyed my brief stay and I would probably stay here again if I needed a low cost alternative. The hotel is located at the intersection of two major highways in Kingsport so you can get to wherever you want to go pretty quickly. A Wendy's and Hardee's are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Second floor has smoking rooms, so the hallway smells like smoke.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JamesonKing, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to helping you with your lodging needs in the future.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Williamsport, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We used this hotel simply for one night and that would be all I would want. The bed was hard, the room was worn and old. Really needs some updating. At least the room was clean The bathroom was very tiny, but clean. The breakfast was a joke. They had instant oatmeal, but no boiling water so they put hot tap water in a thermos and you couldn't heat it up in the microwave because everything was stryofoam, whichs melts in microwaves. The sign out front said that the pool was open, but it was not and from what I saw it was very dirty. If all you need is a place to sleep for one night then you should be ok with this hotel, but any longer I would find another place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I first want to thank you for your time in reviewing the Jameson Inn of Kingsport. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to your unsatisfactory night with us. Moreover, I would like to apologize for the pool being temporarily out of order during your visit. I can assure you that the pool is up and running and ready to be enjoyed. I have addressed your concerns about the oatmeal with my breakfast host. We do have piping hot water readily available for the oatmeal and the hot cocoa. I would also like to let you know that we have recently updated all of our rooms with 37” LG Flat Screen televisions, gourmet coffee services, and microwaves and refrigerators. Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay and please feel welcome to call and speak to me directly as I would genuinely appreciate the opportunity to earn your future business!

Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The rooms were just the right size and the beds were comfy. Great service. I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am gald you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've previously reviewed The Marriott Meadowview and The Hampton Inn in Kingsport and I would stay at either place or get a hotel in nearby Johnson City before staying at this hotel again. The bed was hard, the pillows were lumpy, the towels were thin and everything in the room was worn. Plus, the lobby and my room had an odd odor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Please accept my most sincere apologies concerning your recent stay with us here in Kingsport. Our Dremium Pillow-top Mattresses are often the highlight of our guest’s stay and I am so sorry to hear the bed was not to your liking. Prompted by your review, I am auditing all of my pillows and linens to ensure that they meet the high standards that guests of Jameson Inns have come to expect and enjoy. I can also assure you that I will be addressing your concerns with my housekeeping staff to guarantee that we are adhering to standards that have found Jameson Inns ranked #1 in Customer Service by Market Metrix for the last 6 years. As a precaution for our guests with allergies, we use cleaners that are free of fragrance and scents to leave a clean but pleasant aroma. I am sorry this was not your experience. I know you are a busy traveler and I thank you for taking the time to send in your comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Very unhappy, this is partially my fault because I did not follow up earlier as well ad the hotels, but we travel so much and NEVER have had this problem.. I called to cancell our room because I could not get off work for my sons ball tournament. while waiting I was but on hold and disconnectef couple of times. when completed I asked for the confirmation to be emailed. my mistake I did not follow up on the cancelation confirmation thougjt all was well. They are deducting one 186.14 out of my account has a no show.. I talmed to the general manager this morning and the time I called to cancel she was working and makes NO mistakes and since I do not have mu confirmation nu
mber there is not a thing she can do
.Im just making everyone aware of this. very poor service and follow up on their confirmations!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,
As the General Manager at the Kingsport location, I am always thankful for feedback. I do regret that your reservation experience left you unhappy. Please accept my most sincere apologies as it is my intention to offer all guests a pleasant experience whether or not they ever step foot on the premises. In the future, I will be happy to personally guarantee your reservations or cancellations thereof by whatever means is most convenient for you. Feel free to contact 423.230.0534 and ask for Sandi. Until then, I wish you safe travels!

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at the Jameson Inn for one night, and it was the best hotel experience I've had. I thought it would be a great, homely little place to stay, and I was not disappointed. The woman behind the desk was very friendly and helped me whenever I needed it. The room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast the next morning was pretty good (there was a great variety). In the future when I travel to Kingsport, I will definitely stay at the Jameson Inn!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
JamesonKing, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave such a kind review. We look forward to helping you in the future!

Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I visit the kingsport area several times a year and decided to give the Jameson Inn a try. I was quite pleased with the price and cleanliness of the hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to helping you with your lodging needs in the future.

Sandi Grills

Been to Quality Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!