“Should have believed the reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 202 restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Thai
Charleston, SC
“Should have believed the reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The person at the hotel recommended it. I was skeptical, but decided to try it. The sushi was good, and the service was friendly. But, the entrees were very disappointing. I should have gone for barbecue.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Goose Creek, SC
“The menu is full of conFUSION”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My second time here. The people I was visiting wanted to take me somewhere different but had forgotten they'd already taken me here during my last visit. Imagine my disappointment when we pulled up to the cafe front. Surprise! The menu attempts the ever popular fusioning of various different asiatic cuisines, so the diner will see bits of thai, chinese, vietnamese, japanese, american, mexican, middle eastern (hummus). The last three are not like the others. We tried the spicy tuna roll. Avoid it - don't make the same mistake we did. There wasn't the fresh tuna taste. The rice literally fell apart as soon as I dipped it in a little soy sauce, so I was fishing (ha!) soaked bits of rice out of the sauce. The fried egg roll was crispy and hot, but it was annoying and weird that I'd bite into the filling and chunks of it would come out. So i'd end up with filling hanging out of my mouth, and a half empty tube of fried wrapper.
i had the racha vegetable, with brown rice. This dish was kind of like a curry. I'm not sure if they mean to serve brown rice that was hard and chewy. To me, this very chewy rice made eating into a chore. This dish, while having a soupy appearance, didn't come with a serving spoon. How do i eat this soupy curry with a fork?! My friend had curry basil rice, which was basically like a fried rice with what tasted like vietnamese curry powder. If it was indian curry powder used, it sure had a bunch of tumeric. The shocking ingredient was the basil - that was sweet basil used instead of thai basil which would've been more appropriate to this dish. However, this restaurant is all about fusion so the food was all over the map.
To their credit, the hostess and servers are pleasant and work to please.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Service, Poor Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived and noticed the decor was very nice. No hostess, had to find a server. After getting seated the waiter, Seth, was great. He was very helpful and attentive. The menu was strange. I ordered food and the soup was the worst I have ever had. Waiter brought me a second type of soup and it was also bad . The rice was not cooked and the main course was poorly made. I did not try the sushi but another customer told me not to as it was not very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Waiters and atmospere are like Vogue Models”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

As a resident of Madrid, Spain, I LUV sushi. I was born in Gate City, so what a pleasant surprise to find good sushi here in my hometown. Ciao y buen dia.

Visited April 2013
“Hit or Miss...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I want to tell you how great this place is...because it is. I mean gave it 5 stars on almost every category, right? The sushi and noodle bowls are great, the atmosphere is wonderful, but sometimes, and it's hit or miss for the most part, the service is lacking. Case in point sometimes you have to wait on a glass of water as long as you would wait on an order of beer. Really? I mean where does the water come from? And why does it consistently take so long to get a beer? I still frequent this wonderful place but those who visit once and get such bad wait service tend to not go back. Ever. But if you go, go early and be patient; judge this establishment on taste alone and you will not be disappointed. And have a Philly roll for crying out loud.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere