“Fun Food. Fun Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Fun Food. Fun Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I work at a local hotel in the same town and am ALWAYS eager to tell my out of town guests about our "homegrown" Saltwater Willies! I've had such a blast there and its certainly a great "date" spot, that I can't wait to tell folks how to get a taste of upper east Tennessee! This family owned business holds a VERY high standard for their industry and most likely has the chains trembling a bit! GO EAT SOMETHING THAT WOULD RATHER EAT YOU....ALLIGATOR! The menu is colorful and the atmosphere very inviting. LOVE this place!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North East TN
“Three trips, declining service and quality with each visit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

quality and service are all over the place, ranging from a very helpfull waiter and excellent food on my first visit, to a rude waitress, and below average food. Probably won't go back.

• Visited December 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Working our way through the menu...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We've not had anything on the menu that we do not like! Their cheese grits are better than mine. I love the fried green tomatoes and the gator is great, the sauce that goes with it is out of this world. The wedge salad is generous compared to those I've had In Louisville and Los Angeles and the menu is fair priced for the type of food. My husband and I are currently working our way through the menu and there hasn't been anything on it yet that we do not like. (however I will say that my gumbo is better, thicker and has more 'stuff' in it) - We are calling in an order now of Pork Chops and Gator. We've never eaten in so we can not comment on Ambience or Quality of Servers.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Awful food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

We had great service and friendly staff. The food was very salty and had no flavor!!! If I wanted frozen food I would of cooked it myself!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
kptfishman, Owner at Saltwater Willy's Bayou Cafe, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for your visit to our restaurant and are very glad you found the service to be great and the service friendly. I wished you had let us know that your food was not to your liking and saltly with no flavor. Was this just one item or all the food you had??? We prepare all food from scratch in house and nothing is frozen pre-made like the chain restaurants. We would welcome you back to show how we prepare your food if you would like to contact me and come in for a return visit.
Bristol, Va.
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on Monday night. The place was nearly empty, this should have been our sign, but we went in anyway. The staff was nice enough, but that couln't make up for the bad food. My wife had the tilapia, and for what she got, the same quality could have been had most anywhere. The crawfish tails appetizer were not bad, but very small portion. This building will be empty soon, unless the quality of food and service are corrected.

• 2 of 5 stars Food