“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Bonneau, South Carolina, United States
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My son and I was visiting. We stopped by and oh my the burger was off the chain.he doesnt like pickles but the burger was so good he didnt realize there was pickles until the burger was almost gone.

• Visited November 2013

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Always impressed at the cow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visit Kingport and Bristol about once every two months. We always stop off at the Purple Cow and we are always impressed. Best value and food any where in town. Yes, the wait sucks sometimes. You can call ahead if you want. We don't mind to wait. I highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Excellent! Would love to have one in Bristol!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The line is long...but you see it before pulling in (don't like to wait...don't stop). A pre-glimpse of the menu would be awesome but its not the end of my world to hurry. The food is outstanding...the cheesecake has been touched by Jesus I'm pretty sure. The employees are a little rough looking...but have you seen the hiring pool lately? Be afraid of the restaurants where you can't see what they are working with...I don't expect anything more than good food and that's what I always get. I just sat in line 20 minutes and I would do it all over again for that cheesecake.

• Visited September 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great food, long lines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everyone is correct about the long lines but if you love the food, you'll sit in line time and time again. I usually get the burgers and fries. If I compared them to Pal's (a very similar drive-thru) I'd give Purple Cow an 8 and Pal's a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Ask for a menu, take it home and next time just call your order in. The amount of stuff on that menu is mind boggling.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kingsport
“Good burgers. Hard to get. Long lines equal long wait.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

All I have ever tried from Purple cow are their burgers and fries.There burgers are really good. Love the double cheese burgers. If unsure just go with the special. For less than three bucks you can get a burger loaded, fries and a medium drink. Word of advice if they have a line pick a different restaurant. Their menu is huge and everything is prepared to order so the line moves slowly. Funny if they took about 100 or so items off their menu I think they could get people through quicker and sell more food. Also be prepared to eat in your car as the Purple Cow is drive through only. Anyway if the line is short stop and order. Good burgers and good prices. Worth trying.

• Visited May 2013