“Real deal pulled pork with sudden service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Real deal pulled pork with sudden service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The motto "quest for perfect BBQ" describes Phil's BBQ well. The service was so fast it madey head spin. Just don't come craving French fries as they are not on the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bulls Gap, Tennessee
“Superb!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

For a long time I had noticed a sign along I-26 directing travelers to Phil's but for some reason I didn't take the exit and go check it out. Finally one day I had business to conduct on Eastern Star Road and I passed right by Phil's. On my way home I stopped and picked up some barbecue to take with me. When I arrived at our house we proceeded to find out just what we had been missing. Phil's it turned out had some of the best barbecue that I had ever tasted and that's saying something because I have eaten barbecue all across the South.

The ribs and pulled pork are simply fantastic and could hold their own against some of the best Memphis has to offer. What surprised me the most however was the chicken. I'm normally not a big fan of barbecued chicken but this chicken was out of this world good. Now, every time we are close to Phil's we pick up some of their mouth watering food and it always pains me to have to decide whether I want ribs, pulled pork or chicken. At most barbecue places chicken doesn't even factor into my decision but at Phil's it is actually the front-runner with me. Just to put frosting on the cake you will find that the sides at Phil's are also supremely good. I especially like the baked beans, YUM!

Add in some of the most friendly, helpful and patient staffers that you are likely to find and its hard to see any flaws with this place. You will notice that I praise their patience because sometimes it takes me way too long to decide if it will be pork or chicken, but whichever it is I know that it will be beyond delicious!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, easy on the budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Phil's is a great, off the beaten path, locally owned restaurant. Great bar b que! Great value. You get quite a large portion of food for what you pay. They also do carry out. Kids menu is reasonable and things that are appealing to kids as well!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place has great food and casual atmosphere. Come hungry.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fall Branch, Tennessee
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Small town, friendly atmosphere and most important great food!

Visited June 2012