“Friday night seafood buffet.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Meadows Restaurant

The Meadows Restaurant
1901 Meadowview Parkway, MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, Kingsport, TN 37660
423-578-6632
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 211 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Partake in an unrivaled Kingsport restaurant experience as you indulge in continental cuisine at The Meadows. Featuring a sophisticated wine list complimented by regional fare, our restaurant in Kingsport, TN is sure to please the most discerning palate.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Friday night seafood buffet.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

You can't beat the Friday night seafood buffet. It's all you can eat and there's lots of it. What more can I say, it's a great place to go and try all kinds of foods that you've never tried before. You can eat until your full, and then a little more. We were seated immediately, even without reservations and our server was as sweet as could be. What a great experience.

• Visited November 2013

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great Buffets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have eaten several times at their Friday night seafood buffet. The food is great. They always have some fresh fish baked some way. They also have a starch (usually mashed potatoes) that are good and several green vegetables. They have a chef cooking fresh scallops as requested and the crab legs are good and hot. I recently ate here for their Sunday brunch. It was excellent. They had chicken chardonay, blueberry barbecue pork loin, baked fish, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, green beans, salad bar, peel and eat shrimp. They also had the chef carving roast beef. Along with the lunch items they also had made to order omelet, sausage, bacon, biscuits/gravy, and blueberry stuffed french toast. At both buffets they had their bread pudding. It was great! If you enjoy seafood this is a must. It is pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Must Have Been There On A Bad Day!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We hadn't eaten at The Meadows in quite a while, so we decided to drive after church today (a 45 min. drive) and do the Sunday Buffet. When we use to go with more frequency, we always came away pleased, but today was a big disappointment. We were seated immediately though we had no reservations, but it was forever before anyone even acknowledged we were there. When our waitress did show up, she didn't take the unneeded sets of cutlery or bread dishes away. I unfortunately opted for the lunch type selections instead of the omelet. ALL of my food was lukewarm at best---the chicken, the green beans, the creamed corn, and the potatoes! I have to admit, the taste was good, but I like my meat and vegetables at least WARM! When I went to the buffet the second round hoping to find something better, I saw carved roast beef, so I got in line for the server to get me a slice. However, this same lady was also making the made-to-order omelets and there were SIX people waiting on those. So, I had to stand in that line until she got their orders & worked on them before I could even get a slice of beef! As we ate, I noticed others were having the same experience. Surely, they could afford two workers for the busy Sunday crowd! On a positive note, there was a large selection of desserts and I FINALLY found something warm to eat---the bread pudding! As others have mentioned, it's a pricey buffet, but we've always felt the atmosphere, service, and quality of food were worth the money & the drive. We'll think twice before we give them another chance!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke VA
“Delicious Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fantastic breakfast buffet! Lots of choices and the food is well-presented and replenished often. A bit pricey but worth the money. The selection is varied and very filling. Enjoy the buffet for breakfast and you won't be hungry again until dinner.

Visited September 2013
Mountain City, Tennessee
“Best Service and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went on a Friday night for the Seafood Buffet. It was delicious! My 10 year old ate so many crab legs I thought she would get sick. My favorite part was the selection of desserts. There must have been at least 8 different desserts and they were all delicious. The bread pudding was especially tasty. Our service was out of this world. We would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013