“Great find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Culpeper, Virginia
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family came across this place after many hours of driving and it being early in the day. Thankfully they had a room available and let us have our room early. The reception area, as well as the room were clean. The room was comfortable and the beds were great (so were the pillows). Staff was friendly both at check in and check out. The morning staff went above and beyond by standing with my children while I brought our vehicle around so they wouldn't get soaked, as a thunderstorm had just hit and it was pouring.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here on a trip after. A day at BiltmoreNorth Carolina. On the way back to Pennsylvania. Daughters wanted to check off another state. Should have been at a major intersection not much around the hotel. Ok. Behind the Perkins. Looks like they took two houses down on stuck a Comfort Suites in between
They may claim to have a pool but it looks like the size of large Jacuzzi
Also located right outside of someone's room the window. Kind of creepy. Not too many people were there when we checked in
Parking lot in front of a kind of small. Traveling with my handicap parents are rooms seems fine they were located right across from the front desk
Went to dinner but 15 20 minutes away
Can back to the sprinkler system leaking all over my parents bathroom. We were told they could not cut the water supply off cuz it would cut the sprinkler system off. Understandable if they give us rags to clean it up and they didn't even clean it up also gave us a bucket for the constant drip
Try to move my parents but limited handicap rooms. Ended up relocating them to a different floor. Thought it was dangerous for a constant water drip on an electrical sockets and fixtures. The manager the next morning so that the best I could do was take 10% off the bill. Breakfast with adequate so once you get past the small the hotel is hopefully no water dripping , seedy pool hopefully you have a good night sleep. On the other hand o charlie's resturant 15 20 minutes away is fantastic

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Verplanck
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We booked this room about 20 minutes before arriving and glad iit's only for one night. The vestibule smells like feces while the lobby is very nice. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were small and the mattresses needed to be replaced yesterday. My wife and I continually met in the middle of the bed where it sagged. it was a tough sleeping night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Wouldnt recommend anyone stay here unless u want red bumps all over your body. Checked out a few days ago and started to notice bumps on my hands and arms. Not impressed one but. Came down from Canada and has ruined my experience.

Stayed July 2014
Murfreesboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Ordinarily, I do complain. I have worked in the hospitality industry since 1987 and I understand that things happen. I travel 14 weekends a year with High school and travel ball, staying with both Hilton and Choice properties.

This past weekend was one of the worst travel experiences I have had in a long time. I felt the need to let management know, so that perhaps training can be implemented to prevent this type of experience for future guests.

My daughter and I joined the OHS Softball team late Friday evening at your hotel, as we attended a family funeral on Thursday. We contacted the hotel to let them know we would be arriving late. I spoke to Paul over the phone and I gave him my first and last name. When we arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by Paul(pleasant enough), again I gave him my first and last name. I attempted to provide him with my confirmation email, but he said he did not need it. I signed my first and last name on a registration card and he ran my credit card.

When we got up to our room, Savannah and I were placed in a king bedded room instead of the double that I had reserved. This was disappointing, Savannah is 17. We always request rooms with two beds.

Savannah and I proceeded to get ready for bed, as her team was scheduled to play ball early the next morning. We were fast asleep when I was awakened by someone trying to enter my room(thank goodness the swing latch was in place), they were able to get into the lower area, but it banged when they tried to open the door all the way. It continued for several minutes. Naturally, this not only woke me up, but it also woke my daughter up. Then my phone begin to ring. Your front desk agent named Heather Peay wanted to know my last name(as if I were an imposter or something). I told her I would not give her my name over the phone without first calling her back at the front desk to verify that she was an employee. I did not know what the heck was going on. Not to mention quite frightened at this point with folks trying to get in the room. I called Heather back and indeed it was your front desk agent. Needless to say after attending a funeral, and a 5 hour drive to Kingsport, we did not get ANY SLEEP on Friday night.

Saturday morning, I spoke to the blonde haired front desk agent and explained the situation and she was not remotely interested. She said there were no notes about the incident and nothing she could do. No further comment there…

Sunday morning I get a bill under my door with Pam Porter’s information on it. They checked me in, had me run my credit card and SIGN MY FULL NAME on the registration card and they never bothered to check me in???

I spoke to Heather G. on Sunday morning and she tried hard to right the situation. She is by far the most competent of the staff members I worked with…

At this point, I am still very concerned about the charges placed on my credit card.

Please confirm the amount charged to my card. Also, Please reassure me that Pam Porter’s charges were not placed on my card.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Aurora IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Smaller but nice property. Clean room with a spacious bathroom. The WiFi (password protected) - kinda annoying. Lots of TV Channels. Microwave and refrigerator in the room, small (individual serving cup sized) coffee maker.

Room Tip: VERY anoying front entrance door (very hard to maneuver bags in and out!) -- best park in the rear...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a Diamond Elite member with Choice Hotels I stay at quite a few different hotels per each year. This one is pretty good considering some of the other reviews I have read. The staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was as expected. The rate was reasonable. Not sure if I will be staying here again when in area next time as there are some better choices but this hotel was "livable"

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn South? Share your experiences!