“Great beds” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Springfield, Virginia, United States
“Great beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here one night in a King size bed. Nice! comfortable! The place didn't have automatic doors which made it a bit tricky for trying to get yourself and luggage in without some contortions. The AC was already on and the room was chilled perfectly! Had a great night's sleep. The shower in the morning was hot and refreshing. Booked with room with using points from Choice Hotels rewards program. Room key get's you 10% off at Perkins restaurant which means that you don't pay tax :) Employees were very nice. We arrived very late so we just went in and went to bed. For some reason the tv was unplugged. Overall this was a very nice place to stay whi

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel must be about to go out of business. I travel a lot and stay at many Choice Hotels in 5 states. I have stayed at this location before. It was never this bad. When I checked in, I noticed on the bill that they were charging me a $1.50 per night "Green" fee. I asked what this was for. The check in person told me the hotel is trying to go "green" and this is for extra laundry service. I said, well if I ask for extra towels, then charge me. The person really could not give me a good reason why this $1.50 was being charged other than for the hotel to get extra money from each guest. I reserved a king bed room. The only one available was on the 3rd floor where the smoking rooms are. I am very allergic to tobacco smoke and stated that. I was told I would be on the opposite end of the hall from the smoking rooms. When I got to the room, there were exactly 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, 1 roll of toilet paper (mostly used) and no laundry bag in the closet for my dirty clothes. it was the BARE minimum of everything. I was afraid to ask for any extra items for the bathroom, they would probably charge me more "Green" fees! The bed squeaked every time I turned over and cigarette smoke filtered into the room from the hall. Needless to say I did not sleep very well. I had planned to stay two nights and after the first night of torture, I checked out and stayed elsewhere. I am a Elite Diamond member and spend many nights each year in Choice Hotels. I have marked this one off my list of acceptable hotels. I will never stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When we looked at the other reviews we were a bit worried about staying at this Comfort Inn, but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. It was not fancy, but nice and clean. The rooms had queen sized beds rather than doubles which is a plus. They gave us a coupon to the Perkins restaurant which is open 24 hours and is within walking distance. The pool is quite small but well-kept. It was enough for our boys to get some exercise after a long day of driving. The breakfast included waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. The price of the stay was very, very reasonable. When we called the hotel directly, the price was $77, but through Expedia it was $88. Overall, the hotel is a very nice place to stay for a quick overnight while traveling.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to Florida from PA and wanted to stop near the VA/TN border. I did not know there was a NASCAR race in a few days so most hotels in the area were booked. I learned this at the Tennessee Welcome Center. A welcome center person made several calls to find us a hotel a little further on our route as we had been on the road all day and wanted to stop soon. She found vacancies (needed 2 rooms) at the Comfort Inn. It was obvious why there were still rooms here. The hotel is in need of remodeling and a good cleaning. The beds were ok for one night but not very comfortable. Also, my sister's room had stains on her bed spread. The tile on the bathroom floors needs replacing--grout is nasty. No one vacuums along carpet and trim. The breakfast selection was poor. The parking lot is in bad shape. The stay would have been more tolerable if we had not paid $75 for what I would call a low budget hotel. In addition, there was a $1.50 "energy charge" which was a new phenomenon for us. I would never stay here again and I will check for events before traveling without reservations again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I traveled from Fl. and stooped for over night at this hotel. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was large with a nice shower head. (handicap room). on first floor.
I had a small trailer and I could not get in to the rear parking lot. The front one was full. Had to park on the street. Breakfast was only some small donuts, muffin and coffee. Very disappointing.
Will stay again only if I need to. Many other hotels in the area maybe much nicer.

Room Tip: Average motel for one night stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was donuts and coffee. Vending machine states health violation and what hotel makes the door knobs go up instead of down. No one knew how to get in their room. Right off I81 but Very disappointing

• Stayed January 2013
Branchland, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

booked this on our way to pigeon forge, got there the pool was closed! its summer time & it looked as if they had no intentions of opening it! thankfully i got there before the time was up to cancell, we went next door to the holiday inn express that had a very nice indoor pool

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn South? Share your experiences!