“Good choice for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Big
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good choice for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed here while on business in the area. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. Overall, the experience was good and in keeping with the general experience with the chain.

I was very tired and I have to say that they had an excellent selection of TV channels to choose from and I was able to find something that I wanted to watch. One nit pick is that the walls were quite thin and I could hear the conversation of the people next to me clearly. It might be a good idea to get a room at the end to minimize that potential problem.

• 4 of 5 stars
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thanks for the comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

State College, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We like Hampton Inns and tend to use them when on the road. This particular Hampton Inn was really pretty bad. The room was okay. However, usually a standard room with 2 queens or 1 king is the same price. Not here; the king was $10 more. We did not receive bottled water, which you usually receive for being a Hilton Honors member. But, it was all still fine -- until breakfast. This was pretty awful and the reason for the Poor rating. Most of the trays were empty -- really empty -- and not refilled. There was yogurt and a few muffins that looked like they had been there awhile. We had to ask for napkins to be brought. The tables were not cleaned -- none of them. By the time we left to return to our room, we saw one serving person -- the one that brought the napkins. Do yourself a favor and go another exit or two to find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service and quality of items offered at breakfast during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and will bring your comments into our ongoing service training. We do offer bottled water, Fuze Ice Tea or Mountain Dew to our Hilton Honors members that are at the Gold and Diamond level if they have chosen a snack as their "My Way" preference. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back.
Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business and found it to be a standard older Hampton Inn. The rooms were nice enough and the common area appeared to be updated as well. No huge complaints about my stay, but have a couple of things to note:

1) SLANTY BATHTUB - Something was very strange about the bathtub in my non-handicapped room. There was a big bar that stuck out and you could not really stand in the shower without this getting in the way. HOWEVER, after a bit of moving around in the shower I realized that the tub seems to have a major slant to it so that it was next to impossible to stand up straight in the shower. Therefore, I guess they determined it would be better to place this bar in the shower rather than have people break their necks.

2) WAFFLE MAKERS - For the love of all that is holy, please install two waffle makers in every Hampton Inn. There is always a wait that is way too long that could be helped by the addition of another waffle maker.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE, I like the set of electrical outlets that are being placed on all of the nightstands at Hampton. Though it is obviously an add on box, it is very nice considering all of the things we have to plug in and charge now days.

All in all, I would stay here again when I need to be in the area for business.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments, TNDisneynut. We will try to rearrange our breakfast offerings to accommodate an extra waffle maker on busy nights. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a very nice facility, mine only concern was I could not get the room cool enough...I cleaned filters and it did better but not what I'm use to. Generally I keep my room 68 to 70 and it do not feel that in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Sorry about your AC unit. Feel free to call down next time you are in if you have issues and our maintenance engineer, Alan, will be happy to correct them for you. Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

not worth the price. The shower pressure was awful in fact there was no pressure. the room smelled like mildew from the minute we walked into the room. the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. i would never stay here again.

1 Thank Carmela L
I am sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel during your last stay. Thank for you letting us know about the maintenance issues. We will correct them immediately.
Decatur, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Great option as a road hotel as our family is headed NE on a summer trip. Rate was under a $100 and the front desk clerk (outstanding) upgraded us to an executive suite. Clean, quiet, great service, kids swam in outdoor pool. Ate in renovated downtown area of Kport.

Stayed July 2014
Come back and see us on your next trip through the area. Thank you for staying with us.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was amazed the staff was overly accommodating and friendly. Very helpful with directions. Most of the time I ask for a room with a view and get to see the top of the portico. Beds were very comfortable. Clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We have some beautiful mountains surrounding our hotel and lots of great views from the guest rooms. I am happy that you liked your view and enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again!