“If you can overlook the bathroom issues...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
A TripAdvisor Member
“If you can overlook the bathroom issues...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a very nice stay, but the bathroom door would not stay open...irritating, and the wallpaper next to the tub was peeling away from the wall. I would expect this from another hotel chain, but not Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mankato, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

After a 18 hour car ride they were gracious eough to let us check in 2 1/2 hours early. They gave us a list of local places to eat at check-in without having to ask. The pool was clean and had plenty of seating/ law chairs. The breakfast had many options, eggs, waffles, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, sausage, bacon etc. (the eggs kind of tasted fake but everything else was good)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Alexandria, Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice quiet hotel about 4 miles off Interstate 81, tucked away in the rolling hills of East Tennessee. Friendly staff, good service, clean, & has a hot breakfast with a variety of choices. Beds were very comfortable. Gives discount to AARP members.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Typical Hampton inn. Lobby appears to be recently renovated. Breakfast in chain can be updated and loose the frozen eggs. The room was acceptable but the tub needed to be redone. The tub wobbled under foot during the shower.

• Stayed May 2013
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Typical great value and nice hotel that has come to be expected when staying at a Hampton Inn. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice rooms, nice bathroom. Beds comfort is good but for comparison I mostly sleep on a Tempur-pedic at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After drivng 500 miles it was nice to be received by a friendly and helpful front desk clerk. After check-in and dropping off our bags it was a four mile drive to a restaurant other than fast food. There were many choices, just none close. The hotel was easy to find and quite comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel did not seem to have a bad side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I arrived 6 May and am leaving tomorrow, 9 May. Upon arrival I asked how to get to the local YMCA because I am a member and enjoy visiting other YMCA's when I am out of town. She gave me a map and directions, and mentioned that I was welcome to visit the local gym called Great Body Works (or something like that) that Hampton has an agreement with so their guest can go for free. I thanked her but intended to use the Y, so, after checking in I made my way across town. To my surprise, the Y was closed and moving to a new location that does not open until next week. I remembered Lisa telling me about the local gym. I found the number to the Hampton on the map Lisa provided. I called and spoke with Lisa and she gave me directions to the gym.

That would have been enough to make my stay enjoyable, but Lisa outdid herself later that evening. After returning from the gym I returned to my room to prepare for a class I was teaching on 7-8 May. I realized I needed copies of several documents and needed them sorted. I walked downstairs around 8pm and asked her if she would mind. "Not at all" was her response. So, 20 minutes later she calls my room and says she has the copies ready. She did not earn any extra wages for these acts of kindness but really made a difference to me and my stay, and the class I taught at the local Armory. She was very busy checking others in but still was kind enough to go out of her way to help. She did not have to, she could have said she was too busy, or wasn't authorized (which is what I expected but thought why not check), or any other reason.

So, thank you Lisa. The room was nice and clean and the location was convenient and the internet was fast, and I enjoyed the access to the local gym, but without a doubt Lisa made the difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!