“Average, just as expected” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Big
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Average, just as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mid level hotel for the business traveler. Typical breakfast food. Dirty/Dated workout room without any sanitizer. Average at every turn. No happy hour or evening events. Staff was nice but not memorable.

• Stayed March 2013
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
First of all, thank you so much for staying with us! I know you were disappointed in the fitness center. I wanted to let you know that we do have sanitary wipes for the equipment. There is a silver trash can in the corner and the top of the can contains the sanitary wipe dispenser. We apologize that it was hard to locate. Also, keep in mind that if you stay with us again, we also offer free access to our guests to a full service off-site gym just 5 minutes from the hotel. You are welcome to work out there any time you stay with us. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was convenient to Eastman Kodak and for the most part it was comfortable. I needed a handicapped room but they only have king sized beds in the handicapped room I was traveling with a friend and we needed two beds. They put a shower chair in the room which helped but a bathroom arranged for a handicapped person would have been better.

Room Tip: the only prooblem was their handicapped rooms only have king sized beds. They installed a shouer sea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was 12:45 when I arrived. Doors were open, against what the sign said. They have a window where after hours people are to check in. I had to call the hotel to "awaken" someone to give me my key. The "acting" manager the next morning gave excuses. Glad I had locks on my door. Sad, cause Hampton Inns are typically very good in this area. Not this time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if in any way you felt unsafe at our hotel. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel safe at our property and we do everything we need to do to make sure our guests have safe say with us. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration and discuss them with our security staff.

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lobby is welcoming, but the staff is not. Most of the front desk staff are rude and condescending. I have booked a hotel room or meeting room 3 times in the last few months because location is good, but will not do so again. The Hampton inn Johnson city has better rooms and much friendlier staff, I will either stay there in the future or another property in Kingsport, just not THIS hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed that you did not receive the level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments to improve our on-property experience. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Kingsport, TN Feb. 1 through Feb. 3 2013 with our adult daughter. We reserved a double bed room and it was clean and very comfortable. We arrived late for checkin and the front desk girl was so sweet. She actually said she was getting worried about us since it was getting late. The beds are nice and comfy, and there is a sign that the comforter is cleaned for each guest. Nice - wish ALL hotels/motels would do this! The room was definitely big enough for the 3 of us. Only thing not up to par is the hot breakfast. There is only one waffle maker so there is quite a line to get one. The eggs and sausage were cold. For the money, overall, this is great place and I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable (it was hard getting out of them in the morning). The front desk was extremely helpful. I forgot my contact solution and they had some for me to use free of charge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It has been a couple years since our last stay at this Hampton Inn and I was pleased to see that it has been up kept very well. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The front desk person was very friendly when we checked in. The breakfast was better then most of the other hampton inns that I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!