“Great , Clean Place to Stay !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
“Great , Clean Place to Stay !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff was SO nice and polite ! EVERYTHING was clean, our room was large, clean, smelled nice ! There was a nice pool area too ! The breakfast was very nice and HOT ! The hostess was SUPER nice and poilte !

Room Tip: This place is CLEAN and has a wonderful breakfast too !
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

As a frequent business traveler, I have stayed at my fair share of Hampton Inns around the country. This one is above par for Hampton Inns. The staff are extremely friendly and accomodating, the rooms are clean, and they will bump you to the suites for no extra charge if available.

Each room has a refrigerator and microwave, and it is located nicely between the major highway and main part of Kingsport. And the wireless works well.

I have stayed here twice, and I will stay here again if I come back to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite if they are not in use. Also - your room key gets you into a local gy...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here with my son, brother-in-law, and friend, and we used the hotel as our pit stop for the NASCAR race at Bristol. The hotel was clean, we had a good night's rest, and the breakfast was good and well-stocked. They kept up very well with the lobby full of hungry guests in the morning. The staff was very friendly at check-in and check-out. We even got an email several days prior to arrival with information about how to best access the race track from the hotel. It was a nice touch.

There were two fast food places right across the parking lot to take care of our late evening snack needs.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Enjoyed a pleasant stay in a junior suite (with wet bar, counter / cabinets, fridge and microwave) while visiting family over Christmas weekend. Both the room and certain amenities such as breakfast and the coffee bar seem on par with Hampton Inns in similar markets.

Pros: Clean, quiet, suite priced slightly less than the Marriott's regular rooms. Wet bar counter space is extremely handy. Free wi-fi, decent breakfast and coffee.

Cons: Wi-fi, though serviceable, was on the slow side. Bathroom sink faucet has a funky spray that sends water all over the counter, shower/tub is narrow with curved bottom.

Everything was clean and tidy, and the staff was pleasant without being intrusive. Our room was very quiet - it was easy to get some rest. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Southeasten Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Dirty and noisy. So many better choices for less money in Kingsport. For less money, you can stay at the Marriott Meadowview Conference Center on a weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
kingsporthi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
We appreciate your feedback.
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was placed in the room by the elevator on the first floor. Every time the elevator was used, it sounded like the elevator was in my room.

I checked with the desk clerk about changing rooms. He claimed that I got the last room (despite the fact that I checked in early and made reservations several weeks in advance). Of course, the desk clerk never apologized. This was my worst experience with Hampton.

Hampton's guarantee is a bogus promise. Don't believe them.

Room Tip: Check your room before checking in
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I'm sorry that you were placed in a room near the elevator. We are happy to honor requests for room locations when they are available.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The lobby/breakfast area is nice and relaxing. I checked in about 7pm and was given a room sharing the headboard of the bed with the elevator shaft. I did not give it a thought because I went out and did not get back until about 11pm. I was too tired to fuss about it. The elevator is terribly noisy and I believe everyone in the hotel decided the ride it between 11 & 12. I am a deep sleeper and once I fell asleep it did not bother me. The room was a king. King bed, couch, table, desk, TV, refridge. Everything was clean and just fine. It felt like a studio apartment and not necessarily a hotel room. I connected to the WIFI with no problem. I had coffee and yogurt for breakfast. The coffee in the lobby was quite good. The coffee maker in the room looked a bit unclean. While it is just off the highway, there are no restaurants within eyesight. There is a Hardee's (I think) just a minute away. Front desk had everything under control and did what I expected. I spent less than 1 minute checking in and out. Very efficient. I would stay here again. I was in, slept, and out quickly and with no hassles. That is what it is all about. My only real issue was the cost. I believe it was $160 for the night. I have never stayed in this area, so I do not know if this is pricey or not.

Room Tip: Request to be far away from the elevators
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Kingsport? Share your experiences!