“Nasty!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Inn

You added Colonial Inn to your Saves list
Colonial Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4234 Fort Henry Drive, I-81 Highway 36 @ Exit 59, Kingsport, TN 37663   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Nasty!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this hotel for a couple of our construction workers that were doing a project in the area and needed a decent place to rest and relax. However this place was beyond nasty, the shower curtain would not stay up, the tub looked like it had never been washed and was filled with rust and mold in the corners. The bed smelled horrible and the sheets, well they would have been better off sleeping in their dirty work clothes. The breakfast was a joke, a piece of sausage that was wrapped in plastic to heat in the microwave.
We travel all over the southeast doing commercial roofing and have stayed in many places and this one is by far one of the worst. I'm actually sorry we had to waste our money on such a nasty place. Don't waste your money and stay here not even as a last resort. Please choose wisely. I hope this review helps others not to make the mistake of staying here.

Room Tip: No room is good, the hotel is old, smelly and the staff are not friendly either.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is your average motel when on the move. The room and bathroom were clean, if not very new or tastefully decorated. Equipment (fridge, iron) was in good condition and the bed was comfortable. In the morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, although it mostly consisted of the usual oversweet fare of muffins, biscuits and waffles.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
millers creek nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i thought going be ok. had poo on bathroom toliet. beds dirty. the breakfast room nasty. had cob webs in the blinds. please close and the motel. before you make someone sick or die. i never saw maids. only man on duty. place was strange,wish could say was ok but. outdated needs help.

Room Tip: rooms back hotel is more for handicap person
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As I checked around 8:30 and there was no reason for me to check the bathroom, I was stunned the next morning when I went to shower. I hopped in to see a bar of soap on the ledge. Not a big deal, someone forgot to pick up a used bar of soap. Gross, but tolerable. Then I closed the shower curtain...exposing HUGE patches of mold starting at the bottom, finishing mid-body level. Doesn't get any worse than that right? Wrong. I look up to the shower rod, following the mold trail, and what's hanging off it? A pink pair of ladies undies. So upon checkout, I tell the desk clerk what happened and he just looks at me straight-faced and said, "Well, sorry about that. Here's your receipt, have a nice day." Not a single offer to reimburse a part of the cost, nothing to show me they were actually sorry about having the worst bathroom at a hotel in which I've ever stayed. This is simply unacceptable. Had I not been late to a wedding already, I would've fought him tooth-and-nail to get my money back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mantua, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Overall I am very satisfied with this inn. The rooms looked somewhat dated, but they were extremely clean and comfortable. The beds were perhaps the most comfortable and plush that I have ever slept upon and I had a great night's sleep. The furnishings were in very good shape and the carpet seemed nice and clean. The room smelled very nice and fresh. The TV was nice, but there were only about half as many stations as were listed on the channel card. The bathroom was nice and big and clean, but they only supplied 2 sets of towels. The exterior was very fresh and attractive and well kept. The linens were very clean but I feel the bedspreads, shower curtains and window coverings should be updated. They were clean, however, just a little dated and dingy. The breakfast room was nice and large, clean and well stocked. They offered the usual toast and muffins, but also had a Waffle Machine and sausage biscuits. The lobby is very beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Double rooms only had full-size beds, instead of queens, but they were the most comfortable matt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently booked a room through this site, attracted by the location and the price. The rooms were nice! I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed was, and how nice the furniture was. Housekeeping was very attentive, ensuring we had clean towels and extra coffee for our two night stay. Its close to plenty of great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kempner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would only use this second rate hotel as the last resort, as in my case. The first thing that happen was that the night clerk quoted me a price over the phone and when I went to sign in he tried to up the price. The second incident was when I went back to the office to get more towels because there were only two towels in the room even though it was a double bed room, I found the doors were locked and even though I rang the bell for a least fifteen minutes and was calling the office on my cell phone at the same time nobody came to the door. Found out later the night clerk had a habit of going to the backroom and sleeping. I eventually had to go to the nearby Walmart and buy some towels. After getting into the room, we discovered that the security lock was broken, the wallpaper was coming off the walls, there was mold on the shower curtain, curtain rod was hanging by a thread and the ironing board had brown spots all over it. My wife felt so uneasy about getting under the covers that she slept in it with her clothes on. The funny thing about the whole experience was that they wanted to charge me $200 on Friday because it was the NASCAR weekend in Bristol. Needless to say I checked out the next day and found us a nicer hotel down the road.

P.S. Even found old food in the refride that was left by an earlier traveler.

Room Tip: Take a real close look a the rooms before checking in to make sure it meets with your satisification...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family