“Kinda scary motel but clean inside.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Inn

Save Saved
You added Colonial Inn to your Saves list
Colonial Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4234 Fort Henry Drive, I-81 Highway 36 @ Exit 59, Kingsport, TN 37663   |
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
Laurel, Mississippi
“Kinda scary motel but clean inside.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Priceline let me down this time. This is the first time I've met with a "hotel" that had doors that opened to a parking lot-not a relaxing setup when travelling with little kids. We were a little nervous when we drove up and the outside facade was in serious need of TLC. The room itself was clean and adequate. We had to park on the other side of the building which meant a late night walk past the occasional barechested, overweight tenant that was lurking outside their room. I was relieved my husband was with us. The breakfast was adequate the staff didn't bother to look up when we walked past. Glad we won't be back and we made it unscathed out of there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel a year ago when my Uncle passed away and everything was fine but it has since undergone management changes and not for the betterment of the establishment. The room was dirty, the carpet stained, they did not clean the room every day, they didn't do anything that you would expect. We had to ask for clean towel, coffee, etc. We were quoted one price over the phone when making the reservation and ended up being billed 20% more. The gentleman at the front desk (who seemed to be there 24/7 as we never saw anyone else at the desk) was very uncooperative and rude at times. We were in town for the funeral of my Aunt and very sorry we chose to stay at Colonial Inn. We will never stay at this hotel ever again even though it is close to the area we needed to be in. We will sacrifice the additional mileage just to have a more comfortable and pleasant visit to Kingsport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here for two days, I Will be here the rest of the week as well. My room is clean, the. Staff here is awesome ... super friendly and helpful .. The location is great! So far my overall experience has been wonderful! !!! From now on, this will be where I stay if I need a room!

• Stayed May 2012
Bryson City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Clean room comfortable bed, good pillows, ok breakfast. Check in and out was very quick, efficient and cordial. Hotel is pet friendly, a must for us. Our only gripe was that the room was not as well serviced as it should have been. Two of the three lamps did not work, one had a blown bulb and one had no bulb. I was able to get one bulb from the front desk but they did not have any more spares. Also had to get kleenex from front desk. Bath towels was adequate, but only one hand towel and no wash cloths furnished. The bathroom had a large tub/shower with curved shower curtain rod and adjustable shower head with good pressure, which was a big plus. Overall, we would return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011 via mobile

This is our 3rd year stopping here because it's consistently clean, functional, convenient and comfortable with no hassles.

• Stayed November 2011
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay here. Nice people, breakfast and location. It is not a high end location. It was clean and worked for me. I will stay here again. If you are looking for an economical venue this may work for you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Martell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We knew we were staying during a busy weekend but those people staying that said they were not there for the race only had to about a 1/3 of what the race fans paid. I also called within an hour of leaving the hotel letting them know I left a very important necklace in the room on the sink. They claim they all looked for it but it was not found. I went through all of my things and I don't have it. I specifically remember where I left it and I feel that maybe someone thought it was nice enough for them to keep for themselves. Very sad that the rooms weren't clean, the hot breakfast wasn't very good and our room was not ready until after 4 pm and now I can't get my necklace back since I live over a 1,000 miles away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!