“Great stay in a comfortable room. Others must agree - hotel was sold out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10150 Airport Parkway, Kingsport, TN 37663   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Great stay in a comfortable room. Others must agree - hotel was sold out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Was in town for the Jonesborough TN, National Storytelling Festival just a short drive away. Hotel was sold out between that and the races in Bristol. Still had great friendly service. Continental breakfast was standard stuff plus make your own waffles which were good. A bit high on the carb selection and low on protein but Cracker Barrel is right next door for a change of pace. Rooms were spacious, quiet and clean. Liked the sink area outside the bathroom so that the four of us (Mom, Dad & two teens) had an easier time getting ready in the morning. Bath towels were nice and soft for a hotel. Only service issue was that they kept restocking with three towels when we had four people. Beds were very comfortable. Just wish they were queens instead of doubles, but we knew that going into it. AAA discount gave us a reasonble rate when a lot of other hotels were upping the price for the busy weekend. Wireless in room was easily accessed and there is a computer in the lobby for printing boarding passes and such. Thought it was a nice value hotel and we'll book it again next time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dickson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Clean room reasonably priced along I81. Good Waffles for breakfast. Double beds were comfortable. Stayed twice on my way to Philly and back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

While returning from a road trip to Washington DC, I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Kingsport, TN. I have stayed there before on two other occasions in the past, and I have a tendency to use the same hotels over and over. The first two times I stayed at the hotel, I used my La Quinta rewards points for free nights. This time, I paid $109 for a one night stay, which is rather overpriced for what you get.

It's not that it's a bad hotel, it's just that it's an average hotel. It's not as bad as some roach motels nor is it a night at the Ritz. If this hotel were priced more in the $60-$75 per night range, it would be a better value. If you pay more than this for your room, you paid too much. If I come back, it will only because I used my points for a free night. For that kind of money, I'll stay somewhere a bit nicer.

One more thing. They have one of the worst hotel wireless connections anywhere in the country.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here for three nights while visiting relatives, and was very pleased with the hotel. The staff was friendly and my room was perfect - very clean, spacious, nice bedding, very quiet. Wi-fi reception was excellent. The breakfast was standard fare - fine with me. I was on the third floor, and there was a nice laundry room next to the elevator. I believe that each floor had its own laundry room - very nice. I'll stay there again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Very clean room. I was impressed with the way the room looked. Bathroom and shower was like new with all towels folded and placed neatly. Beds had crisp, clean linens.
Carpet was very clean. Tv was dated and the cable picture was snowy with lacking selection of channels. Room was equipped with a game controller which I did not use. Front desk was very cordial. I would highly recommend staying here. Great price for a great nights stay.

• Stayed June 2010
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Our top needs were met: free breakfast, free wireless internet, nonsmoking and clean/comfortable. We even enjoyed the pool during the coolness of twilight time. We would have preferred a fridge or a microwave in the room, but the staff was nice enough to let us use the breakfast dining area for heating AND for eating the supper we had brought with us, so we did not have to picnic in the room (or eat out). We also would have preferred a motel arrangement where you can enter your room directly from the parking lot instead of going through a building entrance and up stairs or elevators, and we would have liked a suite where we could all be together, or to have our two rooms adjoining, but this is OK for an overnight stay. In fact, it seems to be a favorite for regulars of the local airport (like pilots and flight attendants); they do have an airport shuttle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
diamondqueen255
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I recently stayed during a baseball tournament. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We could walk to several restaurants for convenience. The place was clean and we felt safe in the area. Parking was not an issue. I liked the setup with the sink outside the bathroom. It is less than a ten minute drive to Domtar Park. The rate of $62 per night was a great value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport? Share your experiences!