“Can you hear me?” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kingsport
“Can you hear me?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. It's only 2 miles from the airport, has a great breakfast, and is moderately priced. The only problem I had was that the walls were paper thin. In the morning I heard my noisy neighbors in the hall. They woke me up by speaking outside my room and slamming their door to their room. I'd stay here again, just remember to bring a fan.

Culpeper, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The LaQuinta Inn in Kingsport, TN was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was probably the most comfortable one we've slept on in a hotel. Check-in and Check-out were quick and easy. The continental breakfast was okay, just the basics offered. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The entry was nice, Lobby was Nice. The Hallways and Elevators were Dirty. The Exercise room was a closet, the Breakfast wasn't. We had to go out for breakfast. The Drink Machine gave out water, the Waffle machine had 25-30 people waiting. If you wanted Cold Cereal the it was good. There were not enough tables and Chairs for folks to have breakfast. If your only looking for a place to sleep and can get a discount and you need a room, it will give you a place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Twin CIties, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my family for two nights as we attended a family reunion. The lobby and our room both had a rather bad smell to them, especially the bathrooms. It almost seemed as though they had not been cleaned recently. The room was relatively clean, but the higher rates due to races at Bristol seemed a little steep. The breakfast was ok, but I have had a bit better at Holiday Inn Express and other similar chains. Not sure I would stay at a La Quinta again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a mini-fridge, make sure to ask. Not all rooms have them as we found out.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Decided to book here, due to the reviews, allowing pets, and location for my husbands' job in the area. My husband will be working in this area for the next 6 mo. Unfortunately, this was our second hotel, in this area, that we had to depart early. First hotel housekeeping wasn't cleaning our room, so we checked out. So, onto the La Quinta, looks ok when you first walk in, but our bathroom had water damage and/or mold growing on the walls, made you feel dirty. (Room 101) But, the rest of the room looked somewhat updated. Not sure why the bathroom had not been. Hallway floors were dirty and remand dirty even with housekeeping on the floor. We were given a ground floor room, due to the dog, next to an exterior door, which is suppose to be accessible only to guest by key, but the door doesn't shut properly. So, anyone can just walk in. We decided to over look it, at least for one night. We tried to sleep, but were awaken to doors slamming, both interior and exterior, dogs barking (which made our dog whine, he doesn't bark). Yes, we expect the occassional bark in a pet friendly hotel, but not for lengthy periods of time. Then, we heard motorcycles and others being very loud outside our window, in the parking lot, starting before 5am. So, we got no sleep. I went to the front desk and told them we would be leaving. I was asked why and I explained, due to all of the noise. Only thing the clerk said was, "that's weird it's normally quite here". No apology, no offer of a different room or different floor. Nothing. Another woman, possibly the manager did say, "I am sorry", when I went to turn in the key, as we were leaving. We saw dogs on other floors of the hotel, they have balconies and we saw them on both front and back sides of the hotel. So, I guess, it could've been possible to change floors, if they had wanted our business. But, again nobody offered to try to fix the issues. We are not light sleepers, but if our son can't sleep and our dog can't either, that means it's extremely noisy. Only our son tried breakfast and he stated, "I see why it's free". He said, it was very limited by 7:30 and even though some more items were brought out all were hard and stale. He was unable to get full. There are limited hotel choices in the Kingsport area. Especially, that are pet friendly. But, I wouldn't recommend this one. Look in Johnson City or Bristol, for more options.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Reserved a nonsmoking room. First room smelled of smoke. Tried another- It smelled smokey also. It was the last King they had so we were stuck with it. Halls were thick with smoke as well. Went to Dollar Tree and got air freshener. Helped a little but not much. Another guest was even smoking in the elevator when my husband went down to the car. Pretty sad that the management has no control over the situation. Housekeepers also smoke and smoke in the rooms as they are cleaning them. Each night when we would get back to the room there was always fresh ashes in our bathroom floor. I would clean them up and they would be back the next day. The Hotel is in a good location and the bed was comfortable and all the linens were nice. It's too bad smokers have made this nice hotel into a SMELLY Disgusting Place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Whitetop, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband frequently flies out of Tri-cities airport and finds the La Quinta extremely convenient for very early AM flights. However, getting the requested wake-up calls has been unsuccessful. I had my doubts when the front desk staff had to "convert" our, "quarter to four" request to . . . "Let's see, that's, what?" To which we responded, "quarter to four." We did NOT get that wake-up call. Other than this on-going challenge, we really like this hotel.

• 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Kingsport
Red Roof Inn Kingsport
#5 of 17 in Kingsport
3.5 of 5 stars 65 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport? Share your experiences!